BWMT- 04

“Hey Kate.” I looked up and saw Gail smiling with a couple of people behind her. She sat down beside me with all of her friends. They were in my classes but I never really talked to them. “This is Allison and-“

“Dylan right, from chemistry?” I interrupted. I didn’t really wanted to be a total bitch by acting like not knowing and well, I never really knew Allison anyway.

“Yeah.” He gave a small smile.

“They’re twins.” Allison muttered to me, my eyes growing wide.

“Really?”

“What?” Gail and Dylan asked at the same time, confusion on their face. Come to think of it, they do have some similarities.

“You two are twins?” I blurted.

“Duh?” Dylan said, more like asked. “We have the same surnames.”

“I just thought that was a coincidence.” I shrugged at the thought. “Guess not.”

“How’d you find out then?” Gail asked me, taking a bite from her sandwich.

“Allison.”

“Allison.” Gail and Dylan said together.

“What did I do?” Allison stared at us blankly with her mouth full. “I’m innocent.”

“Yeah right.” Dylan snorted.

“Kate, you have chemistry now, right?”

“Yeah, why?”

“The bell will ring soon.”

“And?”

“The science wing is in the other side of the campus.” Allison said, nodding.

“Oh, shoot.” I stood up and threw my lunch leftovers to the garbage can and left the main building as fast as I could. Just as I entered the science building, the bell rang. Great, late again. I opened the classroom door and thank goodness no one was there yet except for Mr. West.

“You’re late.” He said checking his papers, not even bother to look at me.

“Duh.” I rolled my eyes. “it’s not like the rest of the class aren’t late.”

He looked up and chuckled. What was so funny? As if he read my mind, he said, “I knew it was you.”

“You do?” I responded in a mocking tone slumping on my seat.

“Why are you always so mean to me?”

“Because.” I said, staring out of the window. The sky had been dark all morning and a few droplets of water started falling from the sky. I hope it wouldn’t rain later, I didn’t bring my umbrella and Aaron had overtime to bake more stuff and mom has surgery to do for some random kid.

“Ms. Ellison?”

I snapped out of thinking and looked up. Everyone in class was already here and Mr. West was handing me my copy of the hand outs he had given out to the rest of the class. I quickly grabbed the paper and filed before copying the notes I found on the board. When did he write that? I swear it was clean and empty when I came here and I am sure I wasn’t thinking that long for him to finish all of that.

“Hey.” I turned and found Gail smiling.

Confusion rang all over me. I had Gail on my second period on chemistry and it was still the first period. “What are you doing here?”

“It’s already second period.”

Darn, I wish class went by this fast every day. The bell rang and I started picking up my stuff to leave when Mr. West grabbed my arm making me almost fall. The rest of the class already left, including Gail. What a nice friend.