BWMT- 32

32

The bell finally rang, signaling time for gym. Great, gym.

I’m not the sporty type and I’d rather sit in front of the computer all day or in front of the television with lots and lots of food in front of me than exercising. How my body isn’t obese by now, I don’t really know.

When I reached the girls’ locker room, I grabbed my gym clothes and put them on after stripping out of my school uniform. I was in sweatpants and not in shorts, thank heavens. I had gym today with Dylan, Gail and Allison today too.

Speaking of, I hadn’t talked with Allison for a long time. Wonder what she’s up to.

Some of the boys and a few girls were at the right side playing basketball; some were at the left playing volleyball. And those who weren’t playing anything were at the middle, sitting down on the floor and were chatting.

I turned to the sides were the benches were located, hoping to sleep off without anyone noticing. I guess my plans will end up in utter failure because I could see Mr. Gold enter the gym with a few kind of sport balls in a net he was dragging in.

I sighed and stood up. So much hoping for a sub. When is Mr. West when I need him? Although I doubt he’ll let me sleep. He’ll just probably annoy me.

I started trudging towards the middle where everyone was at; listening to what Mr. Gold was blabbering about. Before I even reached the middle, everyone dispersed leaving me clueless. Looking around and hoping to find someone I could ask, my name was called through the intercom, wanting me to report to the counselor’s office. What did I do?

I looked at Mr. Gold who just nodded at me, signaling me to leave and go to the office. On my way there, I started to think what the hell did I do that could land me in the counselor’s office. My eyes grew wide when I realized what it possibly could be.

Maybe the school knows about Mr. West and I. Shit.

Slowly, I opened the door of the office after knocking. I could hear laughter from the inside. Mrs. Walker laughing with Mr. West. What the hell? Wasn’t he supposed to be in class?

Oh sweet potatoes, the school freaking knows! Why would he be here? But then, if he was at fault, why was he laughing?

“Ah, Ms. Ellison come and sit.” Mr. West patted the seat in front of him which was beside the desk of Mrs. Walker. Reluctantly, I walked over and sat on the chair.

“Mrs. Walker? What did I do?” I asked, obviously confused at what was happening right now.

She grinned at me and gave a soft laugh. “Nothing dear. You’re not here because of a fault Kate.”

I nodded, taking in what she was saying. “Then why am I here?”

“Something arrived for you dear,” she gestured her hands beside the frame of the door where a medium sized box sat.

The box looked heavily wrapped with lots and lots of tape in different kinds. I could make out some masking tape sticking out at the sides, some packing tape and the gray colored duct tape. Whatever was in there must be really fragile or the sender was just bored and had lots of tape at his disposal.

“Who is it from?” I asked, nearing it.

“It says it’s from your old friend, Debby.” Mrs. Walker says, producing a white colored card and handed it to me. “Sorry I opened the letter Kate but I had to know who’s it to.”

“Debby?” I clarified and opened the card.

Sure as hell that’s what it said on who it was from.