BWMT- 11

11

My head was pounding terribly when I woke up. I was back in my room but how exactly? I don’t remember going home.

The last thing was that I wanted to go skinny dipping but did I succeed? I hope not. I don’t want strangers and the people from school to see me naked.

I shiver at the thought. Yeah sure, I went skinny dipping loads of times…..in my bathtub.

I looked around and noticed I was in a huge shirt and a pair of pajama bottoms, my clothes from yesterday night hanging over the chair by the door.

Shit. I scrambled to my feet and checked the time. It was already noon. I missed school.

I’m going to kill Aaron for bringing me to the party yesterday.

I shrugged at myself and slowly wobbled to the bathroom and washed my face with cold water. My hair was sticking out in all directions, my make up smudged with bags and dark circles all over my eyes.

God I look terrible like shit.

I went down and surprisingly, I found my mom and Mr. West having lunch. He’s hitting on my mom, gross.

“What is he doing here?” I asked my voice all sleepy and tired. “He’s supposed to be at school.”

“So are you.” My mom shook her head at me. “But then, who went partying all night and had a teacher drag them back home?”

My eyes widened in shock. “No way. You brought us back home? You were there?”

“Yes and yes.” Mr. West answered with all politeness like he was trying to impress my mom. What a faker. If we were alone, all he’d say is: No shit there.

“Mom, can I have some painkillers?” I turned to mom, ignoring Mr. West.

“Get me ten would ya?” a new voice echoed through the whole house followed by a groan.

Aaron entered the kitchen. If I thought I looked like shit, what would Aaron look like? He had more drinks than me and got drunk more than me. I turned to look at him and prevented the urge to laugh. His hair was sticking out in all directions, his eyes were bloodshot red and had bags and dark circles under his eyes.

“You look horrible!” mom cried in a mocking voice.

“Grab me painkillers Kate.” Aaron groaned ignoring mom. “Now.”

“Where are they?” my voice was hoarse and tired.

“On the cupboard.” Mom said, taking a sip from her cup.

I dashed to the cupboard which earned me a flash of dizziness. I really need those painkillers.

Opening the cupboard, I threw what I found that just happened to be some painkilling pills to Aaron, saving some for me.

“Can I take three?” I yelled for mom to hear.

“Can I take five?” Aaron’s voice echoed mine.

“No.” it wasn’t mom who replied us but it was Mr. West. “You’ll have an overdose.”

With a groan, I popped one pill in my mouth and drank whatever liquid was in the cup on the table. With a sigh of relief, I sulked on to the seat next to mom’s and placed my head over my arms on the table. I needed some sleep.

“Mom! Can you call the school and tell them I’m absent?” I raised up my head too fast making me all dizzy, again. “And what is he doing here?” I pointed at Mr. West.

“Don’t point Kate.” My mom warned me, lowering my hand. “Already did.”

“What is he doing here? Doesn’t he have classes to teach?” my voice was muffled when I placed my head back to my arms.