BWMT- 02

02

“Wake up!” a loud noise echoed through my room, waking me. I sat up too fast making my head dizzy.

I looked at my side and my brother grinning like a Cheshire cat with a megaphone in his hand. I scowled as I shot him a glare.

“Give me five more minutes.” I groaned grabbing a pillow and cover my face with it. “Please?”

“No.” his words blasted through the megaphone. “You have school today.”

“Yeah? And I got a life every day.” I said sarcastically. “I missed you but not this. Mom was so much kinder.”

“Before you punched her too.” I heard him mutter, shooting another glare. “Get lazy ass.”

“Fine,” I said and stood up. “Won’t your neighbors hear you?” I wondered.

If he was going to wake me up every day with that, his neighbors sure won’t be happy. People from China could probably hear that thing.

“Nah,” he shrugged. “The house is soundproof.”

“Well then, get out.” I said sternly. “I mean it Aaron.”

“Sheesh. Don’t get your panties in a twist.” He grinned opening the door. “Grumpy pants.”

“I heard that!”

I stepped inside the bathroom a towel in one hand and my uniform in the other. I turned the knob of the shower, waiting for it to be cold. As weird as it sounds, I take cold showers and I definitely don’t like hot ones, they just burn my skin.

After a nice cold bath, I stepped out of the shower with a towel around me letting it absorb the excess water. I pulled my uniform from the hanger and buttoned up the long sleeve white blouse and the long skirt that reached to my shin. I grabbed the neck tie and dried my hair.

The pleasant smell of toast and melted butter greeted my nose as I entered the kitchen. My mom was eating some while my brother was cooking pancakes.

“You cook?” I raised a brow at him.

“Duh.” He responded with another grin. “I am a chef”

“Oh.” Was my lame response as I grabbed the stack of pancakes and started munching on them.

“Eat slow Kate.” My mom warned me. “You’re going to choke.”

“Who’s bringing me to school?” I asked, following me mom’s warnings.

“Walk.” My brother responded as he joined us on the table.

“I won’t make it in time!” I argued with him. He really did not expect me to walk there, right? Walking would take me half an hour and getting a ride would only take like five minutes. “I might get lost!”

“Run fast baby sister.” He smirked.

“Am I seriously walking mom?”

“No. Aaron’s taking you.” My mom replied nonchalantly.

“I don’t want to.” My brother crossed his arms like a child. “You’re leaving anyways so why not you take her? To save gas?”

“The hospital’s on the other side dear.” She stood up and washed her dishes.

“And I thought you lived here.” I muttered rolling my eyes at him. “Idiot.”

“I heard that!” my brother faked a growl.

“Sucks for you then.” I stuck my tongue at him and helped my mom do the dishes.

After washing the dishes, I grabbed my backpack and blazer and walked out of the house with Aaron following me. He led me to his car and I got in the passenger’s seat as he started the engine