BWMT- 33

33

“This is your house, not mine.” I told Mr. West as he stopped in front of his house. “What are we doing here?”

“Picking up your stuff from last night.” He tells me, leaving me behind in his car.

I pursed my lips into a thin line, sending me back to Debby. Fuck. Who the hell is she? How did she know what I did? Why would she show up now? Why on earth would she send me a package filled with dead animals?

My phone vibrated, telling me that someone sent a text. I took a peek at it and found two text messages, one from Gail: Heard what happened. Are you alright? Where are you by the way? I hit the reply button and started punching in the letters to form: Got dizzy and I can’t walk straight. Mrs. Walker forced me to go home so I’m on my way there.

From Allison: Hey I heard about the incident. Someone told me you also had the rest of the day off school. Hope you’re okay. I smiled and replied back: Just a bit dizzy but I’m getting better.

Sighing, I placed my phone in my pocket realizing that it made my head ache even worse that it already was. I closed my eyes, leaning my head on the headrest, hoping it will go away.

I groaned when my phone vibrated again. I took it out and saw it was from an unknown number.

Do you want to suffer or die? You choose. Remember Kate, I know what you did. I know what happened.

xDebby

My breathing became hitched as my hands shook hard. I dropped the phone and placed my badly shaking hands over my eyes. I blinked a couple of times before thinking that maybe Debby doesn’t really know what I did. Maybe she’s just faking. Yeah, that’s right, faking it.

But how on earth did she know I did something?

God this is confusing.

The door opened and climbed in Mr. West with the same paper bag I got my uniform from this morning. I took a glance from it and saw my clothes from last night.

“Do you still feel dizzy?” Mr. West asked me as he finished putting on hi seatbelt.

I nodded. “It suddenly got worst.”

Mr. West frowned and looked at me asking. “What happened?”

“What are you talking about?” I stuttered.

“You are not good at hiding things.” Mr. West says, his eyes still locked on mine. “What happened?”

I sighed and gave him my phone. His eyes left mine and onto the screen. He started reading it then his eyes grew huge before it went back to its original size.

“This is rubbish.” He said, tossing me back my phone. “Obviously pranks.”

I remained silent as we left his house. One thing was on my mind though; it definitely was not a prank. She knows me. How? I don’t know. I don’t even know her.

We pulled over at a small pharmacy painted with blue and white paint that turned to dirty white. It was small, not one of the commercial ones. It had a few displays of bathroom necessities and a few bottles.

Mr. West removed his seatbelt and I followed suit.

“Stay.”

“I’m not a dog.” I say in a monotonous tone.