Clarke's Death Bed

"Ugghh... Come on, Clarke. Inspiration! Inspiration! Use your iimmaaggiinaaaatiioonn..." Clarke exaggerated with hand gesture like Sponge bob. She opened her eyes and groaned even louder when her brain remained dead upon seeing the empty canvas.

Her wrist watch beeped and it was 3am in the morning and everything was quiet and dark but for the spotlight shining above her by the living room. She can't sleep without thinking about the deadline. She can't sleep without thinking where Lexa had gone too that morning. She can't sleep without thinking how late Lexa came home that night. She can't sleep without seeing Lexa's stoned face when she got back home that night. She can't sleep without replaying the fight that they had. She can't sleep when Costia's face came into view every single time.

Clarke rubbed her face grumpily and grabbed the red paint and starts stroking harshly and wildly on the canvas.

*Earlier on the day*

"Lexa! You're here," Costia smiled weakly.

Lexa shakes her head as she sits down at the bar. She pushed away the alcohol from Costia, "You shouldn't be drinking this."

"What? I'm fine! I need it, Lex," Costia argued, reaching for the rock glass filled with scotch.

"Costia don't be stubborn," she glared at her once and waved at the bartender for a glass of water. "What if you get sick again?"

Costia pouted and sighed discontentedly. Her brown eyes landed on the brunette's hand and noticed a mark on her wrist and finger. "What's that?"

"What?" Lexa followed her gaze and chuckled a little, "Clarke was just messing around."

Costia instantly looked away and took a deep breath, "Man... I'm really not in the mood today." She forked inside her purse and placed it on the bar. "Here."

Lexa felt her eyes widened by the sight, "the ring! You had it?"

Costia can't even meet her eyes and simply focus her attention at the bartender or the display in front of them. "Seems like it. Yes... It's because of Clarke."

Lexa instantly perked up by the mention of the name but not in a happy mood, seeing Costia being mellowed and distant. She had no idea what was going on with her best friend but she's not liking one bit - most especially with Costia mentioning Clarke.

"What about Clarke?" She asked carefully. The sudden protectiveness within her starts to glow and she can't help herself from saying, "She's alright... I mean- she is. Even despite all the clumsy stupid mistakes she did... She wouldn't be Clarke Griffin otherwise." She smiled, looking at the drawing on her wrist.

Costia saw this. She saw how Lexa was changing and how her affection changes for the other girl. She doesn't know much about Clarke but it's sure starting to get on her nerves every time Lexa talks about her. "Idiot...," Costia trailed until she got Lexa's attention. "That's why I don't like her. You used to take care of me and always run to me whenever I needed you. God... Who is she? I don't even know this Clarke woman and she suddenly popped out of nowhere!" Slowly, she tried to calm herself down - she can't burst out in the middle of a quiet bar. "But now... you have Clarke.... And I can't-..." The confusion on Lexa's face got her words stuck in her throat. She can't let it out. She outraging into pieces with a thought of not knowing what she wants but the feeling that she just want to let it out because she's simply feeling selfish and over protective over Lexa. "Aren't I weird?" She shakes her head sadly. "Meanwhile, I'm still in love with Finn... I'm clinging to you like this."

Lexa felt her heart skipped a bit. She shifted to face Costia properly and searched for her eyes. "Costia, until you let go of me... I will never let go of you." Costia suddenly looked up, Lexa blinked back - trying to fight back the tears. "I tried letting go... But it didn't worked out so well for me." Costia was about to open her mouth when Lexa cut her in. "I can't leave, Costia... Until you let me go."