The Push and Pull Effect

"Hi Costia!" Clarke greeted chirpily, leaning the bike over the fence. "I didn't know you're coming. Come inside I'll prepare us some afternoon tea!"

Lexa blew an exasperating breath as she looks away because the blonde is meddling again, "Clarke please prepare it. We will follow afterwards."

Clarke looks at girls then nodded as she goes inside the house. Costia stood quietly for a moment before addressing the issue, "So you've changed address," directing her eyes back to those greens, "I'm your best friend but I heard it last. Your manager has to be the one to tell me. Why didn't you tell me?"

As much as she tries to keep her cool down, to make her voice sounded without malice it still came out as bitter, "Do I need your approval in everything?"

Costia was stunned until she came to her senses, snickering bitterly, "Well I'm sorry for bothering you when clearly you're so busy to even answer my calls or messages." Glancing again at the house, "Don't worry. I won't bother you again. Take care, Lexa." She uttered coldly as she climbs back inside her car and sped into the main road.

////

Lexa slammed the front door shut, attracting Clarke's attention who's balancing the jug in her hand.

"Hey, where's Costia?" She asked.

Lexa looks up and shakes her head as she goes up to her room.

Clarke frowned, "what's wrong with her?"

Ring! Ring! Ring!

Tutting over the girl, she answers the unknown caller, "Hello?"

////

Lexa slammed her bedroom door shut. She's mad. So so mad with herself. The girl that she loves from the very beginning hates her now. The girl who did everything to understand her. To help her when she's struggling about her personal life. The girl who became her rock. The girl who listens to her late night calls. Who soothes and comforts her when shit happened with her family. The girl who never leaves her no matter what troubles she gets into.

Her first crush. Her first kiss. Her first love.

Now hates her because of her stupid decisions. Now hates her for pushing her away. Now hates her for not even explaining why she have to do all of those things.

The brunette knew love is weakness. That's why this happens. Because loving someone with all your heart will bring nothing but sadness and hurt. That is all Lexa could think about. Now marrying Clarke was like a rebellion against Costia. A rebellious act for not reciprocating what she feels for her.

Stupid decision or not. It's already done. The deal was taken and she have to see it through.

////

"Lexa! Lexa?...."

Lexa looks up from the floor and waited for Clarke to simply burst in without knocking like how she always do. But she was surprised to hear...

Knock! Knock!

"Lexa? Are you decent? Can I come in?" Clarke articulated from other side.

The girl managed to smirk by the questions.

Only now did she learned how to knock. Pathetic.

She got up and opened the door, "Yes, Clarke? Can I help you?"

"Guess who called!" Clarke grins so excitedly.

She shrugs not being in the mood to play games, "your mother ship to take you home to your alien planet?" Lexa smirked, apparently she have some boost left to make fun of Clarke.