Shut Up and Let Me Go

"Shut up and let me go

This hurts, what I can't show

For the last time you had me in bits

Now shut up and let me go

For fear of living in regret I changed this one when we first met"

- The Ting Tings "Shut Up and Let Me Go"

***

“Cole?” My voice spoke up as I sat on a leather couch with my back leaned up against his warm side.

Colton’s arm was draped around my right shoulder as his fingers twirled my honey blond hair. His dark eyes were staring intently at the seventy-two inch flat screen television in front of us. “Hmmm?” He asked not looking away from the screen that played a boring football game.

My eyes shifted over my shoulder to look at him. “How did you afford all this?” I asked as I motioned the lavish condo that surrounded me.

This place was amazing, I thought. It was stocked with high end furniture and state of the art equipment. All the rooms he showed me were spacious and decorated to the nine.

Take my room for example: it was everything I have always dreamed of in a room: navy blue walls with white butterflies of different sizes printed on various places of the walls. The bed was a white four poster queen size bed with navy blue bed curtains that twisted around the each post of the bed.

Colton even supplied me with a dressing table, walk-in closet, large bathroom that was furnished with a garden tub and walk-in shower. He also, got some people that work for him to go out and buy me a whole new wardrobe and everything I could possibly need.

“I own a business,” Colton replied, still not looking at me.

Moving out of Colton’s hold, I laid on the couch but rested my head on his lap. Flipping over, I moved so that I was facing his chest. My eyes trailed up to settle on his face.

This time, however, he was looking at me. Our eyes locked and he gave a sigh, “You will never even fathom how much I have missed you.” With that said he reached over and with his right hand, he caressed my cheek.

A blush found my face as my whole body started to heat up at his mere touch. Something inside me clicked and I found myself leaning into his touch as my heart picked up its pace a little.

“Are you hungry now?” Colton asked me, for the hundredth time since we got into his condo an hour ago.

I slowly shook my head twice, “No,” I replied because I was dead set on having power over one thing in my life. It was evident to me that Colton was welding the most power in my life, but I needed to control at least one thing.

“You have to eat sometime,” He commented.

“I will eat, when I want to,” I stated and then moved my head up his lap to rest it on his hip. I snuggled my face into his waist and inhaled his toxic scent of lavender and lemons.

“Are you smelling me?” Colton asked as he gave a lighthearted chuckle. His arm maneuvered to rest on me as he started to once again fiddle with my hair.  

I kept my face buried in his waist as I sighed, “No,” I said in a muffled tone.

“Whatever you say, Alice,” His smooth velvet voice spoke.

I’d no idea what came over me but the next thing I knew my stomach was doing flips as I replayed what he said in my mind. I know, his words were nothing new but something about his tone and the way he spoke to me just now caused an uproar within me, but in a good way ... at least I think it was in a good way ... I mean, is it good that my stomach did a flip at the mere fact that he spoke to me?