Please Don't Go

UNEDITED!

***

Baby, please don't go

If I wake up tomorrow will you still be here?

I don't know if you feel the way I do

If you leave I'm gon' find you

Baby please don't go, go, go, go

Baby please don't, baby please don't..."

- Mike Posner "Please Don't Go"

***

Colton's P.O.V

I sat in my desk chair, watching the office door like a hawk. Alice was going to walk in any moment now. She was, as normal, going to stroll in and hand me my morning cup of coffee. If I was lucky and her anger towards me had dissipated from yesterday, she might tell me good morning with a genuine smile. We'd briefly go over what I had to do today before she'd strut her cute ass out of here to return to her desk.

I'd planned, from the moment I woke up, that our morning routine would be different. The idea was that when she reached me at my desk I would wrap my arm around her waist and pull her down to me. We would then proceed to go for another teasing round, like yesterday. However, last time I teased her as a persuasion mechanism, but today it was punishment for walking out on me yesterday.

I was upset that she walked out on me, in anger because I left her hanging. She honestly doesn't understand that I wanted, with every fiber of my being to go farther. Hell, I'd be a fool not to want more from Alice due to how intoxicating she was. The way her body reacted to mine could send me to the edge and back, several times over. But I knew she would get scared of our fast pace relationship if we did go farther. I mean take the other day, for example, when she ran out on me in the office after I admitted how I felt. Her urgency to leave was based on the premise that we were 'going too fast'.

Sighing, I knew this woman would be the death of me.

As seconds rolled into minutes, and I began to wonder if yesterday's events scared her off, as I noted that she was thirty minutes late.

I shook my head and remembered a watched pot never boils. So, I began to do some work with a few glances here and there at the door every so often.

When I had finished going through some shipment documentation, I realized that Alice was really late now. Slight worry coursed through me, and I started to fear that she was avoiding me.

Getting up, I walked out of my office and looked at her desk. I'd hoped that she would be there, working and proving my avoidance theory.

She wasn't there.

My eyebrows furrowed, and I plundered on where the hell she could be. Quickly, I decided that she might be gossiping with Chey. I made my way over to Chey's cube knowing that even if Alice weren't over there, Chey would probably know where Alice is - after all; they are best friends now.