Chapter Fifteen

Z.

Without sparing much time, both the boys and I cautiously step out of the house, Harry leading the way towards where his father is. We tentatively walk past whenever the guards pass us by, and I'm getting nervous about my disguise. I hope Louis put on some sweat proof makeup.

After a few minutes of weaving through buildings and walking through streets, we reach the cleared off area close to the wall, where all the action takes place, or so Louis informs me. I gulp nervously as I eye all the men in guns, that could kill me in seconds if they found out I was roaming among them, not knowing that I only want to make peace.

I wonder if Harry's father will be the same? Shoot me in cold blood as soon as I tell him what I am. And I have no idea if Harry will actually save me if his father wants to kill me. He won't defy his father, right?

I see Louis and Harry share a look, and then they both turn towards me. "Okay Z," Harry takes a deep breath. "We're just gonna go inside, and try to talk to my dad. But he doesn't even listen to me most of the time, I doubt he'll listen to Z," Harry then backtracks, and I give him an incredulous look. Not helping right now!

And Louis smacks him. "He'll listen, alright!" He then gives me an encouraging nod, as we both traipse behind Harry. We start in the direction of the common buliding, which is right now guarded by tough looking guys with guns.

"Hey, guys!" We hear a call, and swivel our head towards the source.

"Liam," Harry nods at the short-haired boy, who jerks his chin towards the building.

"You were heading there? Wait a few. Colonel's conducting a meeting, forming a strategy to withstand the upcoming attacks."

I pale in fear. Well, even more than I was before. "Attacks?" I slowly ask, fearing the worst.

The one named Liam nods, lightly frowning at the stranger that is me. "Yeah. Some guys returning from a raid just reported they saw a huge swarm of skeletons and corpses heading this way."

Frack! The Boneys! They are absolutely hating the fact that we are turning human, and the only solution to this problem that their twisted minds can come up with is to obliterate the main source; humans. That was their second most priority after successfully destroying all of us. But now it looks like there's been a change of plans. But if there are corpses with them too, then I think they were trying to stop the Boneys.

"What? Shit," Harry curses, frustratedly running a hand through his curls. Hot.

Focus, Z. Focus!

"But we can't attack them!" Harry says and Liam stares at him weirdly.

"Why the hell not?"

"Because not all of them are evil. The corpses are trying to help us, Liam!"

"Are you out of your bloody mind?!"

"No, I'm not! They are turning human," Harry whisper-shouts, leaning closer to Liam. His gaze travels to Liam's side. "Put your gun down," Harry orders, and Liam obliges unwillingly.

"Wha-"

Harry jabs a finger in my direction. "Z there is a zombie. Yes. Can you see how human-like he behaves? Because he is still sane. And I know it sounds too far-fetched, but it's true. The others are also changing, and they are helping us. They are protecting us from the skeletons," Harry explains and Louis nods along in agreement, but Liam's expression remains the same.

"You're playing with me aren't you?" Liam snorts. He then scrutinizes me, making me shrink back. "He doesn't look like a corpse."

"Test him then. And I swear to God if you lay a finger on him," Harry threatens, but Liam ignores him, and pulls out a device. He points it to my face, and I flinch back.