Chapter Eight

HARRY.

As soon as Z leaves me sleeping, I book it out of the train compartment. I need to leave, right now. And like Z said, they will forget after a few days, and it has been more than a few days.

And if I stay any longer, I know I will end up like Dustin.

Dustin. I force down a sob at the thought of Dustin, no longer living. He was my first love. So yes, I miss him. But I'm glad, that he's dead. Cos anything is better than becoming a flesh-eating corpse.

I pull out of my thoughts as I hear growling. Oh, shit. Please no. I don't stop running, but soon, I halt to a stop as I'm surrounded by not two, but five growling corpses, who look more than a bit hungry.

And I know, this time, I'm done for it. Cos Z sure as hell can't save my ass three times in a row. And I need to live.

Thinking fast, I look around, and my eyes land on a crowbar propped against the brick wall. I let out a scream, looking past the zombies, who all turn back to see what made me scream. I snicker at their stupidity, and lunge for the crowbar.

As soon as the least slowest corpse realizes I now have a weapon, it growls and attacks me. I lift my arms and swing the crowbar, knocking out the corpse's brains.

But my victory was short-lived, as the other three corpses attack me, and two of them restrain me my by biceps. I thrash and scream, but they don't let me go. One of the younger looking blonde one moans at the other three holding me down. No doubt deciding who gets the heart, and who gets the brain. Oh, joy.

Just as the blonde corpse locks it's pale blue eyes with my terrified green ones, and steps forward menacingly, a familiar growl interrupts him.

I almost faint from relief when I see Z, shuffling towards the zombies restraining me. The blonde corpse nods at Z, acknowledging him.

"N-not, eat," Z says, almost angrily, pointing at me.

The blonde corpse snorts, and nods at the other zombies, who push me down. A scream escapes me as one of them rips my shirt.

And in seconds, one of them is pulled off me, and knocked unconscious by a black haired corpse. I blink in shock as Z single handedly kills and bashes the other corpses, and leaves the stunned blonde for last.

"Eat," the blonde orders adamantly, pointing at me still sprawled on the ground, and Z shakes his head no. I frown, holding my ripped shirt and slowly pulling myself up.

"What the hell Z?! You said they'll forget after a few days! It's been a fucking few days! How do I get home!?" I yell, and Z flinches, then shrugs guiltily.

"Not, eat. Friend," Z answers the blonde corpse and nods in my direction, and the blonde zombie looks frustrated.

"EAT!" It shouts, angrily jabbing a finger in my direction. Followed my it's exclamation, we hear menacing growling from a distance, and both the blonde zombie and and Z look at each other with an oh shit expression.

"R-run!" Z yells, and seizes my wrist. Without another thought, I start sprinting with the other two corpses. With much effort, I look behind my shoulder, and increase my pace when I see nasty, growling skeletons chasing us. Holy shit those things are straight out of a nightmare!

"Have to l-eave, from h-here!" Z yells at the blonde zombie, who nods, and soon we split up. Without a word, Z leads me through the ticket counters, then over train tracks, then finally somewhere outside the train station through a narrow gravelly path, and I stagger to keep up with him.

Z pulls us to a stop as soon as we reach a clearing, and I pant heavily, hands on my knees. We lost the skeleton, for now. I look around and see many trains stood in perfect rows.

"Shit," Z curses, and I straighten up as I hear the same growling of the skeletons.

Z and I start to back up as three skeletons keep taking tentative, menacing steps towards us.

"Z!" I gasp at him, but he looks just as terrified as me.

The skeleton menacingly cracks it's neck, taking a step closer.

I squeeze my eyes shut. This is it. I'm dead. How much longer did I think I was going to survive the apocalypse? I won't even die in the place of someone I love, cos Dustin is already gone. I'm going to die as skeleton chow. Well, I had a nice life.

My morose thoughts are interrupted by the sound of bone crunching, and I open my eyes to see the skeleton corpse crushed upder the wheels of the red sports car, being driven by the blonde ghost.

"Come with me," the blonde corpse urges, and Z nods in relief, walking over to the car.

That blonde corpse almost ate me, no way in hell am I getting inside a car with it!

"No!" I protest.

"W-want, to h-help," the blonde corpse nods. Z looks back and forth between us.

"Who the hell asked you?" I spit.

"L-like him," the blonde corpse smirks and nods at Z in approval, who smiles and nods in agreement. I raise an eyebrow. O... kay?

The blonde corpse offers me a hand. "C-come."

I glance at Z, who nods. "It's, o-okay, Harry."

I take a deep breath. I guess going with these seemingly nice corpses is better than being chewed apart by those nightmarish skeletons.

"Fine," I huff, and climb inside in the backseat. The blonde zombie starts the car straight away, and after a few minutes of driving through the abandoned city, we pull over in front of a building. Abandoned, of course.

Z jumps out. "N-no, others here. You w-will be safe, Harry," he assures me with a soft smile, and he almost looks sorry. Well, he shouldn't be. He has already saved my life three times.

"Thanks, Z," I smile faintly, and Z just nods, leading me inside the bulding, followed by the blonde corpse, who hangs behind.

"N!" Z yells, motioning for the blonde corpse to follow us, which he does. Oh, his name is N. Interesting.

Busting the rotten wooden door, we climb upstairs, and reach a warehouse. I immediately collapse on the ground, leaning my back against a wooden box. My stomach growls with hunger and I put a hand on it, groaning.

N keeps hovering near the entrance, tensed, as Z sits down beside me.

"Thanks Z. For saving my lives, three times in a row," I speak, and ruffle my unruly curls. I wince as my fingers get tangled in the uncombed curls.

Z smiles, ruffling his own hair shyly. Well, that's cute.

"Why do you always do that, though? Save me, I mean?" I ask, genuinely curious. He must have a reason. Cos there is no other explanation to why a rabid corpse would have sympathy towards a human. Then again, Z is not your average rabid corpse.

Z bites his lower lip, almost looking guilty. Why, though? "I have n-no idea," he admits, looking away, and I sigh.

"Z!" N's voice makes us both snap out heads up. N frantically waves his arms towards the entrance, and we both scramble up to take a look outside. And what we see isn't comforting. At all.

A horde of zombies which are out for a midnight snack, aka me, and are currently shuffling up the stairs. The stairs, which were the only way out of this two storey building.

~*~

OH, SNAP! CLIFFHANGAHHHH!

Yay, N is here! ;)

The nipple twist xD xD xD >>>

Thank you for the 4K reads! <3

~bemycupcake xx