Chapter Seven

Z.

Harry just asked me if he knows how we can spend his time here. And this is my chance to show Harry that I'm not that bad. Or scary, or boring.

Without another word, I get up from my spot and check outside the window. Good. No other corpses in sight.

"L-let's go," I tell Harry, who complies, untucking his legs and straightening up.

"Where to?" he asks curiously.

I just smile at him, and ask him to follow me, which he surprisingly does. I cautiously lead us out of the train station from a secret tunnel, and across the fields. Even though there aren't any corpses in sight, Harry still keeps close to me, and that makes me smile.

"We're here," I inform Harry, as we reach the garage that I visit everyday. Without waiting for Harry's reply, I start ahead and walk inside the garage. Firstly, I locate a few cans of motor oil that I had once spotted during a hunting spree, and had stocked up here.

Then spotting my favorite sports car, I cross over to it, and fill up the car. Don't ask me how I know himow to do this, but I think I might've been a grease monkey in my past life.

"Shit! You have the keys to this beauty?!" Harry gasps, wide-eyed, and I nod, amused.

"Can you drive?" he questions, still admiring the car, and I shake my head no.

"Oh," Harry speaks, and I think he sounds a bit... relieved? Huh. Maybe he was expecting me to kidnap him. I don't blame him, though. Or maybe he wants to drive it? Yeah. That must be it.

"Y-you drive," I nod at him, grabbing the keys from the dashboard and tossing them to Harry, who accepts them eagerly. Giddily jumping into the driver's seat, he sticks the key in the ignition, making the car purr.

"Awesome!" he whistles, then turns to me. "C'mon, Z! Get in!" I shake my head slightly, but slowly climb into the car nonetheless. I have always sat inside this thing when it wasn't moving.

The second I close the door, Harry slams his foot on the gas pedal, making the car zoom forward. I bite my lip and fearfully bury myself into the leather seat, hoping he doesn't drive too fast.

Harry pulls out of the garage and maneuvers the car into the wide and spacious field, driving the fastest he can go. Looks like I'm going to die. Again.

"Woohoo!" he cheers, raising both of his arms in the air and off the steering wheel, making me panic. I sigh in relief as he takes control of the wheel again.

Gradually, I realize that Harry really knows how to drive and won't crash us, and so my fear subsides a bit. I glance over at Harry and am taken by how beautiful he looks right now. The wind charging through his hair, the genuine smile on his face, the sun shining over his pale skin... his eyes squinted slightly with crinkles at the sides.

Harry then turns to me. "You wanna drive, Z?"

I shake my head no. "I'll p-pass."

Harry shrugs. "Alrighty! More driving for me! God, this is a fucking awesome car! I couldn't even drive myself anymore 'cos of the damn apocalypse and the safety issue, and now, this is AMAZING!" he yells, lurching the car forward.

About half an hour later, Harry brings the car back into the garage, and I step out with slightly wobbly legs.

"This was just, perfect! Thank you Z," Harry grins at me.

"N-no problem," I smile. Woo, ten points for Z!

We silently walk back from the way we came, and back inside the train compartment. Harry keeps looking around at the things I have stocked up.