Chapter Four

HARRY.

"Louis, it's been so long, he should have found us!" I whisper-shout.

"Dustin's going to be fine Harry. You are NOT going out there!" he speaks firmly.

I snort. "Watch me."

"Then I'm coming with you," Louis stresses, and we finally crawl out from our hiding shot behind a desk, to search for my boyfriend.

"Dustin? Dustin?!" I frantically call out for him, whipping my head left and right. All around the room, I can hear the morbid sounds of flesh ripping and fucking corpses growling.

"Dustin, where are you? Answer me!" God no. This can't be happening. I can't find him anywhere!

"Shit!" Louis screams as a zombie tackles him, and knocks his gun away. I aim my gun and fire straight at it's head, killing it. Another one attacks me from behind, and I ram my gun in it's head, effectively killing the thing.

"Thanks, Haz," Louis pants, standing back up.

"Yeah, no problem."

"C'mon, I see the exit. Let's get out of-" Louis says, but is then cut off. As he's now unarmed, Louis backs away as zombies start to surround us. And as he's near the desk, Louis jumps behind it to hide, but I get trapped.

Aiming my gun, I fire at the one lunging towards me, and it's a straight head shot, thankfully. I gotta get out of this dump before I become zombie chow.

The zombies have backed off from me now, and the rest are feasting on the others. My fellow colony members. Now all dead.

My eyes widen as a black haired corpse keeps walking towards me, unafraid. His pale blue eyes meet mine, and I feel myself tremble as I'm reminded of the corpses that took my mother, and my sister, all in front of me.

With shaking arms, I try my best to keep my gun pointed at the corpse, but it easily plucks my only defense out of my hands, chucking the gun to the side. That's it. I'm dead.

"H-Ha...rry..." the black haired corpse forces out, still shuffling towards me. I gape at it in shock. How does it know my name? How is it even talking?

I slowly keep backing up as the corpse keeps walking nearer to me. I gulp when my back hits the cold wall.

"Stay the fuck away from me," I growl, when the zombie is about a foot away from me, and is intently looking at my face. Yeah, buddy. I can see that you're admiring your lunch.

Another ugly corpse growls at me, and I flinch. Oh, great. I'm going to be feasted on by not one, but two zombies. Oh, lucky me.

The black haired corpse growls at the other one, who looks like it scowls, and thankfully, it shuffles away with a grunt.

The curious corpse snaps it's gaze back to me, and forces out, "Sa...fe, y-you," leaving me dumbfounded. Is it trying to speak, and actually succeeding? And wait, what? Safe?

I try my best to focus my averted gaze back to the zombie, and I gasp in fear when I look at it's face. I press myself deeper into the wall, as the memories hit me. Memories of how a corpse bit down on my mother's neck, right in front of me.

I guess my eyes must've showed what I was feeling, and the corpse now wants to finish me off. It lifts it's hand and I flinch. But I suck in a shocked breath when it cups my cheek in it's cold palm. What the hell is it doing? Comforting me?

I slide down the wall from my standing position in fear and shock, and the corpse crouches in front of me, still caressing my cheek.

"E-e...yes. P...Pr..prett..y," the corpse speaks again, and I am beyond shocked now. I squeeze my eyes shut, trying hard not to show my fear.