Chapter Twelve

HARRY.

"Okay. So let me get this straight," Louis forces out incredulously, springing up from the bed. I have finally finished telling him everything that had happened after Z had taken me to the train station, up-to the point where I returned to the human enclave.

"That scary black haired corpse that had dragged you out of the hospital, wasn't taking you away to feast on you, but to save you?"

"Yep," I nod, ruffling my curls. "I know it does sound weird and I'm still trying to figure out the reason why he didn't eat me, and protected me from..." I trail off with a shrug, getting lost in thoughts of Z. God, even since I came back, I've been thinking about the blue-eyed zombie in one way or another. I feel guilty about leaving him like that, without an explanation. Making him think that I hate him, when in reality, I don't.

"And he killed Dustin too," Louis murmurs, and I gape at him in shock. I didn't tell him that!

Louis notices my expression. "I saw him killing Dustin that day in the hospital. You were busy shooting the corpses tackling you," Louis explained. Oh. So he knows.

"B-but Z isn't like that! He doesn't like what he is! He doesn't like killing people willingly-"

"Alright, alright I believe ya! Calm down Haz!" Louis has his hands on my shoulder, as he pushes me back down on the bed.

"You are so protective of this... corpse. Did something else happen there?" Louis asks, standing in front of me, his eyes shining with mischief. When I get what he's hinting to, I smack him, blushing.

"No, you idiot!"

"Of course," Louis then grimaces. "He's a corpse."

I huff. "Corpse though, is just... It's just a stupid name that we came up with for a state of being that we don't understand."

Louis doesn't say anything, just keeps eyeing me weirdly.

"What?!"

"And now you're defending his kind. Something is definitely going on here," Louis taps his chin in thought, and starts pacing in front of me.

I growl in annoyance and open my mouth to protest, but immediately shut it when I have nothing to say. Louis gives me a smug look and I groan.

"God, what is wrong with me?!" I'm defending Z, I'm actually defending his kind. The same kind, that took my sister. I can't say anything when Louis suspects something... Maybe I do have a soft spot for Z.

"Lou. Can I tell you something? Promise you won't freak out?" I ask my best friend. But knowing Louis, he'll probably freak out unneccassarily. Louis stops pacing and nods cautiously.

"This is kinda weird," I sigh, pulling at a loose thread on my bedsheet.

"Go on then," Louis urges, staring at me expectantly. He resumes his position on the edge of the bed.

"I actually miss him," I admit, biting my lower lip.

Louis laughs, then freezes when he notices my frown. "Shit. You're serious?"

I shrug. "Yeah, I mean, I know! It's just so weird. I was so scared of him before, but he's actually really different," I smile. Z really changed my perspective of the zombie race. I now have firm belief in the fact that not all zombies are heartless, soulless and mindless.

"You actually miss him? The zombie?" Louis asks humorously. "Like.. you're attracted to him?"

"No, I don't think-"

"Like he can be your boyfriend? Your zombie boyfriend?" Louis taunts in a girly voice, making kissy faces at me.

"Asshole!" I growl, pulling the pillow from behind me and throwing it at Louis, hitting him square in the face.

I cross my arms over my chest, waiting for Louis to calm down. He finally notices that I'm not kidding around. His expression changes and he sighs, patting my leg. That's what I love about Louis though. He can be the most annoying person ever, and also, the best listener when you need him to be.

"Sorry Haz. It's just, really really weird. I mean, I know it's really hard to meet guys right now with the apocalypse and stuff, trust me," Louis mutters. My best friend then shrugs and locks eyes with me. "And look, I know that you miss Dustin. Okay? But Harry, this is -I repeat- weird. Like, I wish the Internet was still working so I could just look up whatever it is that's wrong with your head."

"Shut up," I mumble, and Louis laughs again, ruffling my curls. He then gets up, and stretches.

"Well, I'm off to hit the hay. See you tomorrow Hazza-bear," Louis playfully kisses my cheek. I roll my eyes but don't push him away. I honestly missed my best friend as his spunky personality.

I glance at the clock and my eyes widen. Shit, have we been talking about zombies the whole freaking evening?! Louis waves and steps out the door, but pops back in.

"Hey, Haz?"

"Yeah Lou?"

"Glad you're back," he smiles. "Bye now! Sweet dreams about your zombie!" he sing-songs, and then with a salute, he's gone.

I roll my eyes fondly, and get ready for bed. It feels good, finally telling Louis everything. I know he doesn't understand these weird feelings I'm having for Z, but that's alright. I don't understand them myself.

~*~

Hey. :)

This book is now halfway done. *cries* Thank you for the 950 (almost 1K *gasp*) votes. You're all fucking amazing <3

HARRY MISSES Z! :D :D

~Ramie xx