Chapter 20 - Bugging Marineford

-Bugging Marineford-

I kill the motor and start rowing as quietly as possible towards the shore of Marineford. Once I hit land I hide my boat in a small rocky overhang that just juts out enough to hide the small boat. I pull the marine hat I confiscated from a marine in the east blue, as well as the uniform I'm currently wearing, out of the bag I have slung over my shoulder and put it on. I shuffle the hat downward enough so no one can see anything above my top lip and make my way into the town. I start whistling softly as I make my way towards the tall imposing building that acts as headquarters for the marines.

Slowly pedestrian traffic picks up as marines wake up and head out for their duties and I place bugs and small cameras in random spots throughout the town before joining the rear end of a group entering HQ. I follow them through two turns before breaking off and slipping into a supply closet. I pop the grate off of the vent before crawling into it and replacing the grate. I maneuver my way through the vents and pop into random rooms with no one in them to place my surveillance equipment.

I manage to bug all the offices for the higher leveled marines since they are currently in a meeting and I even make some copies of their records for future reference. As I bug the whole building I discovered quite a few snack stashes as well and I can only assume they're Garp's since they contain donuts and rice crackers. Of course, I took those as well but I left all the one's that only contain rice crackers since those are probably Sengoku and I'm not trying to annoy him, Garp does that enough.

I slip back into the ducts and make my way through them towards the last room I need to bug. The meeting of the higher ups is now done so the meeting room is empty right now. I make my way there the quickest I can and soon enough I'm over one of the grates that leads to the meeting room. I freeze right before I can take off the grate when voices enter the room.

"What are they calling us here for this time?" A male voice asks. I quietly remove the grate and stick my head out to see all the Warlords gathered. Seeing no marines in the room as well I shrug and figure this is the best chance I'm going to get in while here to bug it.

"Who knows. They better make it quick though, I have things to do." Another male voice says as I slide myself out of the vent and drop onto the floor quietly. The vent I came out of was actually placed in the corner of the room and it seems no one noticed my entrance. I shrug and start putting in the surveillance equipment.

"Idiot marine," Doflamingo says and I look over at him with a raised eyebrow he can't see. "Why are we called here?"

"How the hell should I know?" I question back confusing some of the warlords and two shake their heads as I place the last camera.

"The bigger question is what are you doing here?" Mihawk asks and I steal his glass of wine from him which he growls at. I take a sip and gain a confused look.

"This stuff is your regular stuff. Did you run out of the stuff I brought you?" I ask and Mihawk nods. "I'll bring you some tomorrow then and to answer your question I'm here to steal Garp's snack stashes."

"Jimbei, Kuma, Mingo." I say looking towards the other Warlords who have a confused look on their faces.

"Who the hell are you calling Mingo?" Doflamingo asks sending a string at me but Mihawk cuts it for me.

"Leek man's Moria right?" I ask Mihawk who was standing beside me from the cut and Moria goes red in anger.

"Who are you calling a leek?" Moria shouts in anger but we ignore him.

"Yes, and the last one is Crocodile." Mihawk says sheathing his sword and sitting down again.

"I know who Crocodile is. Iva has such interesting stories about him." I say which causes Crocodile to pale and Mingo sends another string at me which, once again, Mihawk cuts it.

"Protecting a marine, Hawkeye? Why do you care about this one but not the other ones? Is it a lover?" Mingo taunts Mihawk who narrows his eyes at Mingo.

"Insolent man," Hancock says getting up and surprising the others. "How dare you attempt to lay a hand on her."

"Stand down you two. You should know I could kick his ass if it came down to it." I say shaking my head at the two.

"Yes, but you would cause a ruckus and I don't think you can take down the whole population of Marineford." Mihawk says and I let out a sigh.

"Dammit you're right." I say before turning to look at Mingo. "Let's get a few things straight Mingo. First off, not a marine or an idiot. Second, not a lover but a previous student and lastly, he isn't protecting me but you. Now if you will excuse me I have to go break into Mariejois before going and bugging Dragon."

"If you are not a marine then what are you?" Jimbei asks as I make my way to the spot underneath the vent.

"I'm a pirate." I say shocking them once again.

"Don't destroy anything on your trip." Mihawk says as he sits down again.

"Be discrete." Hancock adds on as she sits down as well.

"I'll try but who knows what way my luck will go." I say laughing as I use the wall as I jumping pad to get me up to the duct and I climb back into it before replacing the grate. I make my way through the duct work and climb out of a grate that is placed on the outside wall that is on the front face that has Marines across it proudly. I slip out and latch onto one of the rocks before pulling out a spray can. I smirk as I quickly and surprisingly, go unnoticed as I paint a huge pirate flag. As soon as I'm done I drop to the ground and take a picture of my work before rushing off to my boat. I shoot away from the island and discard my stolen marine uniform as I laugh just imagining there faces.