(11) My biological Parents want the misfit I am back... And I want to be back?

"Actually, you wouldn't really have heard of me." I felt so nervous. I felt like I was going to faint and like I was going to be sick. I decided to try and just ignore the feelings. I was in a new place so why not live a little? "I'm my family's little secret."

I the teacher a little wink and said, "Don't worry Paddy knows everything I'm telling you and you can ask him if you see him later. Can I have my clothes now?"

The teacher looked at me slightly surprised and I could tell partly impressed. I felt sicker and exhilarated; I had just talked back to a teacher. I never talked back to teachers. I could remember the only time I had when I was in first grade and a teacher was comparing me to Patrick. I had been in so much trouble that I couldn't go to school the next day because my mom wanted to make sure Social Services wouldn't have to get involved.

"Umm..." She looked slightly lost. I had to hide my smirk as she caught her train of thought. "Here are your gym clothes. You get two pairs of: shorts and t-shirts. You get three pairs of socks, and you get one zip up sweater. You must always wear sneakers in gym or it is an automatic zero for your day's class participation. Let me see your schedule."

I dug around in my pocket feeling for it. Had my cell phone, the new set of keys that Paddy had given me, my old set of keys that I was too sentimental to give up and my chapstick. No paper in that pocket. I reached in my other pocket and took out my schedule and two empty wrappers for gum fell out of the creases of the paper.

"Chewing gum is not allowed in school." She unwrinkled the paper and squinted her eyes at it. She then reached for her glasses on her desk. Putting them on the bridge of her nose, she continued to squint down the end of her nose at the paper. "Okay."She drew out the word so it sounded more like 'okaaaaaayyyy' than 'OK'. "Yes. You have me as a teacher. My name is Mrs. Antonawitz but you can call me Mrs. A or if you join the track team, feel free to call me coach. Now class is going to start so I would go get changed." She handed me back the paper and also gave me the gym clothes she had placed on her desk a few minutes earlier. She gestured for me to leave her office and so I did, following Estefani out the door.

************************************************************************

I stood in the front of the gym, feeling awkward, while Estefani explained to me that everyone was sitting in what the teachers called 'squads' so that they could take attendance.

"After they're done with this we go right to playing." She explained. And then we did. I was wondering all the normal questions a new student when they have extra time to think, such as now while I was waiting to get picked for a team.

When would I get assigned a locker? Like a gym locker? Or even a normal locker? And when would I get assigned a 'squad'?

"New girl! You're on my team!" A semi-cute guy looked at me. He had blonde curly hair and dimples, which I could see as he smiled at me.

I smiled at him in return and walked over toward him. Good. I wasn't the first one picked but I also wasn't picked last.

Gym went by quickly and so did lunch. I sat by Estefani, where she introduced me to her friend Maria, who was actually Spanish unlike herself. Zac and Adam joined us and we enjoyed ourselves. I wondered at why I didn't see Paddy and Zane till Zac saw me looking around and told me that they had a different lunch.

When the final bell rang after four more classes with Zac and Adam I was ecstatic. My arms were laden down with heavy books and I regretted my decision to not bring a bag. I had left my gym clothes locked up in Estefani's gym locker though so at least I wasn't carrying them.

"Where do I get assigned a locker?" I asked the twin closest to me. Adam, I was pretty sure because Zac had been thoughtful and serious most of the day, helping me differentiate between the two.