(4) My biological parents want the misfit I am back... And I want to be back?

*** Okay, so another chapter's been uploaded and I'm quite happy with how the plots progressing, if a little slow. I hope anyone who might by any chance be reading it likes it so far..... Don't be afraid to leave a comment and criticize my writing! Thanks:)

and joy oh joy! Overall 300 reads... I'm happy :) Thank you :D

And btw yeah I know I'm uploading a lot but I have the story in my head and I just don't wanna forget it =/ ****

******************************************************************************

I stumbled along the main walk almost tripping on the stones. They looked as if they were just natural and meant to be there, but when you're tripping over pieces they aren't pretty.

I grimaced at my gray converse which now looked older from the beating they had just taken.

"Hurry!" Jules cried. He looked excited and was happily waving at me to come; his annoyance at the twins had dissipated, allowing him to transform back to the jolly man I had just met, but an hour pervious. He had already brought both of my bags, the suitcase and the carry on, into the home and had come back to the door as if a sign that I was taking too long. I walked the last few steps, careful as to where I placed my feet. I walked up the white stone stairs that were, thankfully one slab each step and so were flat and hard to trip on.

'The porch was nice' I thought to myself, scared to actually enter the house. It actually was very nice, although I have to wonder again what was wrong with these peop- My parents, that they would want to make everything about their home stone. It looked like limestone made up the floor. At least I think it was. It was sandy and gritty, I could feel it through the worn out soles of my shoes. It was also light grayish in color and was one slab. It looked attractive overall, but I was for the most part I was not impressed. My house in Florida had been smaller than this, but it had looked nicer in my opinion. My house looked lived in and homey. This house looked like it had been built and then no one had moved in. The stone seemed to just add to the cold effect. In Florida, there was siding on the house not all this stupid stone.

I laughed as I walked in the house, realizing that in my mind I was already referring to the stone as stupid, and then abruptly stopped as I came face to face with my family. There were 5 people in front of me, two adults, one man and a woman. They looked at me expectantly, as if they wanted me to somehow remember them. The two teenagers were of the same sex.

The woman looked pretty, not beautiful, although she probably had been quite the looker when she was younger. She was wearing a black skirt and a white tank top over her large-ahem- bosom. Her ears displayed earrings that were silver and twisted in spirals, probably Celtic.

The man was different from his wife. He was tall like her, and he was smiling like her, but he was dark skinned and dark brown-perhaps even black- hair. His very presence seemed to fill the room. You had to pay attention to him, not the least because he was gesturing with his hands while looking at me, talking quietly to his wife, I assumed, about me.

The teenagers were interesting. They both looked similar and about the same age. One guy, I think was taller than the other, although I couldn't tell because they weren't standing on the same step. The taller teen had light brown hair and blonde highlights in it. He also had grey blue eye. And was wearing jeans, a t shirt and no shoes, just socks. The other teen was dressed in the same attire, except instead of a shirt displaying 'riot!' over and over for the Paramore album, he had a white shirt that had one of those Tim Burton creatures on it. The shorter guy looked like he had just woken up. His dark brown hair was tousled and slightly curly, different form the straight hair of the boy standing next to him. He also had unremarkable brown eyes. He was looking directly at me too. Everyone was.

I fidgeted then spoke up, "Ummm. I'm Robin?" I sounded like I didn't know my own name. It came out a question.

"We know!" the man said it grandly, smiling and generally looking happy. "I'm sorry that we could not come to pick you up ourselves, but Jules is a family friend anyway so it shouldn't matter! He's already Paddy's adopted uncle! WE couldn't"He explained, "Pick you up because, well... My wife... She was having an asthma attack!" All his sentences were loud. I must've looked slightly upset about this because he looked at me and sad "its fine now! Look at her! Healthy as a horse!"

I spoke again, "Oh. Well...." And then getting back the resolve that had deserted me before, "Does anyone mind telling me their names. I don't like being left out." I said the last bit with attitude and I saw the teen with the dirty blonde hair smile and turn his head away for a second while the man got ready to speak again.

"I'm so sorry! I'm Rafael. Rafael Cruz. I don't mind you calling me Mr. Cruz but, please no first name. Respect" he said looking at me knowingly. He then pointed at each person in turn and told me who they were. "Ah this is my wife, Anne." He pointed at the woman who smiled at me and said "hello."

I could hear the brogue dripping from her voice. I blurted out "You're from Ireland?"

Mr. Cruz laughed and said "Anne is a Kerry girl. Born and raised." He smiled at her lovingly nod I shivered a little bit. I don't think anyone noticed but the affection was getting to me. Why give me away if you have that much love in your relationship?

He then pointed at each of the teens. "That's your brother Paddy and his best friend Zane, who might as well be your brother he's over so often." He chuckled while both boys smiled at me politely and then continued to stare curiously. "Now come! We'll show you your room and you'll have about an hour to yourself to get ready for dinner." He turned from where he stood near the door, grabbed one of the bags and began walking toward the stairs and up them telling the boys to "Move it or lose it!" and laughing.

I followed going to pick up the suitcase where Jules must have placed them on the landing of the stairs, when I was stopped by Jules grabbing it for me and carrying it up the stairs which the two boys had already deserted while I looked around feeling alone and then followed. The woman, Mrs. Cruz followed me, capping off the little procession. I followed Jules down a nice mahogany hard wood floor past 4 doors till I finally got to a door that everyone was waiting in front of. I glanced back at the stairs and realized how far I was. I gulped and thought for the worst, what if there was a fire? Then said "Well what does it look like?" and put on a brave front and smiled stepping toward the room door.