(6) My biological parents want the misfit I am back... And I want to be back?

Ahhh another chapter written. I really hate typing but I feel like I have to get this story out of my head!!! I've been thinking about it wayyy too much! Well please read, enjoy, ignore the bad spelling and grammar, and leave a comment telling me what you though :))))) ty for taking the time to check this out :)

*************************************************************************************

We all played Wii bowling and tennis for a little bit all the while joking. I was enjoying myself even if I was terrible at the stupid game. Paddy and Zane had been cracking jokes the entire time and I couldn't help laughing. It also helped that Paddy was terrible at the games too.

The atmosphere was strange though. I could feel the tension in the air. Here were two strangers and we had just met each other for the first time and been told we were siblings. It didn't exactly feel forced, just like too people being overly friendly to each other. The thought prompted a question. "Did you ever know you had a sister?" I looked determinedly at the remote in my hand as I spoke.

The silence in the room was broken only by the sound on the T.V. for a few moments, then Paddy cleared his throat and said, "Yeah. Not always though. When I was 11, mom and dad told me. They said they expected me to remember mom being pregnant. I don't though."

Again there was a pause then I said " Oh." I felt like an idiot. What a question to ask! And to someone who had been so nice to me!

'Robin!' I mentally scolded myself, 'Snap out of it girl! You need to make them hate you!'

Before I could continue to have a mental conversation with myself- Don't act like you don't do it too people!- Zane said quietly "I'm gonna go now . Bye Paddy." There was a slight hesitation then "Bye. Robin?" He turned to leave the room.

Paddy jumped up. "You're not staying for dinner?" while I simultaneously said "Why did Jules stop me from talking to those twins?" Paddy looked surprised and Zane simply paused for a second then walked back over and sat down.

To Paddy's questioning look, he said, "I really wanna hear how you're gonna explain this." He looked like he was waiting for the punchline to a joke, a half smile on his face with an expectant look, watching Paddy.

Paddy scowled and said, "Well, it's just that they have a bad reputation with girls and on top of that, there asses." He looked at me and said earnestly "Really, the only reason is just because they're playas. My entire family really want you to like it here. I really want you to enjoy it here. I kind of get the feeling that you won't really enjoy yourself if the twins treat you like they do most girls."

Zane laughed then said "He's half wrong. They get a bad rep because they're players and there self proclaimed. Even I'm not half as bad." Paddy snickered and grinned at him and he amended himself, "Sorry, I forgot I was told that I was the worst player out there." He sighed dramatically as he spoke.

I was touched and surprised. He cared. That was a first for a brother. Patrick would have kept me away from Zac and Adam simply because I might actually enjoy their company. I recognized an opportunity though. "Well I appreciate it and all," I said, my icy tone contradicting my words. "but I can judge people for myself."

Paddy looked hurt "Okay then." He was emotionless "We've go to go. So you can 'take care of yourself 'and get ready for dinner. C'mon Zane."

He stood and walked to the door. Zane didn't seem to have noticed the emotions in the room because as he left the room he called a goodbye over his shoulder. I was surprised and automatically replied back. "Yea, bye." He turned and smiled at me. I noticed his smile. He had an awesome smile, all white straight teeth and dimples on one side of his mouth.

"I guess I'll be staying for dinner. See you then." Still smiling, more polite then friendly, I noticed, he shut the door and was gone.

I felt terrible. Why the hell had I been a jerk to them? They were both incredibly nice. I sighed. I could only hope I was doing the right thing. I opened up my bag and right on top saw the way my mother had packed it for me. Yea it was for a good cause I thought.

******************************************************************************

The dinner table was laden with beautiful dishware and the food smelled delicious. Both Mr. and Mrs. Cruz looked tense and preoccupied though. I say down, feeling the cold tile through my converse. They were the only constant from my old outfit. I had changed into a pair of skinny jeans and a simple t-shirt. I had tied my hair up that way I couldn't have to worry about accidentally getting my hair in my food and being embarrassed.

Paddy, Zane, and Jules were also sitting at the table. Paddy smiled at me and I felt conflicted. I wanted, hoped really, that he had forgiven me, however, forgiveness was not an option. I need him to loathe me.

I sat across from Jules. There was still an empty chair so the set up went with Mr. Cruz at the head of the table, Jules to his right and his wife to his left. Next to Mrs. Cruz was Zane and next to zane was me. Paddy sat across from me and the empty chair was adjacent to him.

Mr. Cruz looked up and said lets us pray.

'Dad always says the prayer out loud' I thought then stopped. I would be able to go home soon enough.

I glanced up at Paddy. He gestured to his father and said, "He doesn't usually pray at all. We aren't very religious.

I glanced up at him and said, "I went to Catholic school from kindergarten to eighth grade." There I was instilling some annoyance in him I could see it in his face.

"Sorry. I didn't think that would offend you." He had a look as if asking the lord for patients.

Zane had been politely listening to our conversation however, now it drew the attention or Mr. Cruz. "Catholic school really?"

'Yeah' I thought 'you would have know if you'd bothered to have kept in touch or better yet not have put me up for adoption at all!'

"Why did you put me up for adoption?" I said instead of the angry thoughts running through my head.

My biological parents looked at me then each other. I took a deep breath. The moment I had waited for since my mother had told me I was up for adoption was finally here. I would finally know the truth.

******************************************************************************

Anyone like it? A little long sorry.... Please tell me what you think the reason is, leave a comment criticizing please and rate rate rate!! :) ty for reading and please keep on reading :) And ty to anyone whos been reading it constantly:) It make me smile to log on and see all the people who've read my story even if I don't know if they liked it =P