Chapter 8

"This is disgusting.", Camila says as she has to hop over a huge puddle of mud. She's never liked the outdoors.

"Get used to it.", Zayn calls back to her over his shoulder, he leading the way as they walk through the woods. Their sneakers snap and crunch on the earth beneath them, their throats begging for water as sweat starts to escape their pores.

"How much further do we have to go?", Lauren asks, stopping Camila before the poor girl walked into a spider web that she wasn't aware of, getting a peck on the cheek in thanks.

"Only a bit further, I promise. I just want to get as far away as possible before we absolutely need to stop.", Zayn says, his eyes set on a small clearing just up ahead.

"Perrie, you alright?", Liam asks, both he and Perrie bringing up the rear of the group, taking their time because they're both carrying the most. Perrie sighs, looking down at Jade's face that glows in the moonlight. "She'll be okay, you know that right?"

"Yeah...I just hope we can help her soon."

"Me too." Perrie lifts her head to look at Liam, seeing his toothy grin that he always wears.

"AHHH!" Perrie and Liam focus their attention back on the other three ahead of them upon hearing Camila's scream.

"What is is Camz!?"

"I stepped in mud!"

"Will you stop whining?", Zayn asks, obviously annoyed.

"Hey, don't talk to her like that!"

"Can we just move on please?"

"But my shoe is now covered in mud!"

Perrie and Liam laugh as they observe the scene, finding it funny how Zayn looked and sounded like he wanted to kill them both, the two girls oblivious to that.

"Alright, let's stop here.", Zayn announced, plopping down the bags he was carrying in a spot that satisfied him. He looked around, observing the small clearing, smiling as he found it perfect for their first night outdoors.

Zayn and Liam got right to work on setting up the tents. Lauren was going to help them, but Camila said that she needed her in order to help Jade.

"Here, just set her down on the grass.", Camila says once she has Lauren by her side. Perrie nods and does as the girl suggested, gently placing Jade down on the grass covered ground. "Alright, now Perrie, I have an idea...but you may not like it."

"If it helps Jade, then I'm okay with it.", Perrie says, and Camila knows that once she hears the idea, that statement is going to go flying out the window.

"Alright, here it goes.", Camila says after taking a deep breath. "So, I can't work on Jade's head until her temperature is back to normal, because if she wakes up too early, it could be bad news. So, we have to warm her up a bit first."

"Uh-huh.", Perrie says, following so far. "Now how do we warm her up?"

"Lauren's hands.", Camila states, grabbing one of the green-eyed girl's hands and holding it up proudly.

"Not happening.", the blonde stated quickly, Lauren almost choking on her own spit because of how inappropriate Camila made it sound.

"It's the only way, guys. If we made an actual fire, we won't be able to control it and it could end up burning her. With Lauren's fire, it'll be much safer, and much quicker."

Perrie and Lauren looked at each other. Lauren knows about Perrie's past, and she knows how the blonde is with fire. Sure Perrie has gotten used to her power over the years, and her fire is the only one that Perrie is somewhat okay with, but never that close to someone she loved as much as Jade. She knew that Perrie wasn't happy about the situation. The blonde didn't like anyone's hands going anywhere near the small brunette, especially when those hands were laced with flames.