CHAPTER 14 - ARE YOU FREE TONIGHT?

Disclaimer: I don't own the story or characters featured in Gilmore Girls, however I have a fertile mind and a fan orphan heart.

A/N: Happy new year, my dear readers! ( ) Fun fact: This was the first chapter I wrote for this story. Some dialogues came to my head so naturally and I wrote them down. They didn't fit the story I was writing then, so I knew I had to write a new one. I've made some changes, but still, all the other chapters were meant to bring us here - In this storyline. I hope you guys have fun! Please, review.

CHAPTER 14 - ARE YOU FREE TONIGHT?

"He loves me, he loves me not." Rory was counting with every slice of pizza she gulped.

She was sick with the atmosphere around her, especially with people casting side-glances at the girl having lunch alone on Valentine's Day. Rory would give everything to extinguish that calendar date. It was stupid and capitalist.

She stepped at the newsroom still raging, until she came upon something unusual on her desk.

Right in front of her there was a big, bright, dewy-fresh bouquet of mixed flowers with a card attached. Her heart slammed. She looked sideways and searched for Logan, but he didn't move. Then she took the card and began to read.

She closed her eyes slowly and took a deep breath, picking up her cell phone. She started to write.

"Hey, can we meet at the lobby now?"

She went down the elevator and waited anxiously for the door to open again, tapping her foot impatiently. Then she saw a certain short redhead approaching.

"You think you are too slick, don't you?" She accused.

"Not right now, why?" Amy replied, a mocking smile on her face.

"You sent me flowers."

"No I didn't." She denied, but the color that filled her cheeks confirmed to Rory that was exactly what she'd thought.

Rory folded her arms and set her jaw waiting for a response.

Amy sighed in confession. "What gave me away?"

"Tom, really? He doesn't even know where I work, and you're the only one who knows that. Except from my Mom."

"Why couldn't be your Mom's?"

"My Mom doesn't even remember what she ate yesterday. And you sent it from the floriculture right in the corner of your house."

Amy smiled proudly. "Oh, you little minx."

"Why did you do that?"

"Because... what's your plans for tonight?" Asked Amy.

"Hmm, let me check my schedule. Found it — groceries store at 7 pm, warm bath at 8 pm, pass out watching some old awesome rerun at 9:30pm and my bed before 11pm. It's going to be amazing!"

"Not this again." Amy slapped her forehead in disapproval. "You know what you should really do?"

Rory twitched noise, stating resolutely. "No, not this again. I won't go anywhere with you to meet guys."

"I know." Amy stated, dismissively.

Staring intently into Amy's eyes, her face delivered a stolid expression. "You do?"

"Yes, because I have a date." Amy overstated.

"A date or a sexual encounter?"

Amy shrugged. "Same thing."