UNTIL I HEAL. CHAPTER 1 - NICE TO MEET YOU

Disclaimer: I don't own the story or characters featured in Gilmore Girls, however I have a fertile mind and a fan orphan heart.

A/N: I'm currently wonder what the hell am I doing publishing a new story if I didn't finish the other one. Well, I have to say this story came into my head a few months ago and I can't stop writing it. It felt so natural and I'm having so much fun with it. This is my second story and I want this to be a fun reading, so please tell me what you think and if I should continue, your feedback is very important to me.

CONTEXT: I always wanted to see Rory succeed. In this story, she is the journalist she has always wanted, but she has become a bit of a workaholic. How would it be like if we introduced a Logan to mess with her head again? The story takes place 4 years after the bridesmaids incident. Rory broke up with Logan and moved in with Paris again.
After graduating, Rory moved to NY and got a job in the New York Times and never heard of Logan again. I'm gonna introduce a few characters here just to make you feel aware of how her life would be, but trust me, only Amy is important and we won't make any crazy changes. The first chapter has a slower pace, but I promise it will get more exciting next.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UNTIL I HEAL. CHAPTER 1 - NICE TO MEET YOU

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was another cloudy day in New York. A light snow was beginning to dust the streets. The holiday parties were over and she was getting ready to go back to work.

Rory had never complained once about work. In fact, she adored it. Doing what she loved fulfilled her for the last 4 years she had lived in the city that never sleeps, but lately she felt a little lonely, the cold nights alone ate away at her consciousness.

That feeling had intensified in the last few days. Spending time with her mother in Stars Hollow reminded her of how good it was to be close to the one she cared about. She missed it. She also missed being in love.

It had been some time since she has really fallen in love. Since… Logan. Rory tried to push away those feelings every time they returned with a vengeance, to keep them from wrapping around her and smothering her.

She could never understand what really happened. For her, she had given herself totally to him, and he failed. Rory was never convinced otherwise. She never believed that Logan was innocent for sleeping with all those bridesmaids. How could he have done something so despicable?

Her stomach twisted every time she thought of it. Her heart skipped a beat when Logan's face came on her mind. She remembered how she found out. The looks of pity, the humiliation. It was something she begged to forget, but couldn't succeed there.

She didn't forgive him. She didn't even try to hear what he had to say. Paris was right, Lorelai was right. Even if one part of her heart said differently, she could not give him another chance. She would not be the betrayed woman, the trophy wife that Logan's family wanted. And she was determined not to be.

Rory turned all that heartbreaking energy into her career.

She graduated from an Ivy League university with merit and became a successful journalist, getting her dream job in the New York Times.

She never spoke to Logan again. After that fateful day, he tried to reach her a few more times, but unsuccessfully, he ended up walking out of her life. She knew he had joined the family business, as the expected, but luckily, they never crossed paths.