CHAPTER 10 - WE'RE NOT FRIENDS.

Disclaimer: I don't own the story or characters featured in Gilmore Girls, however I have a fertile mind and a fan orphan heart.

A/N: HUGE CHAPTER AHEAD! I know you guys like that.  I want to thank you guys to stick with me. This chapter was a lot of fun to write and so far it's my favorite. I have to warn you: we'll have visitors. Happy thanksgiving to you all. ❤

CHAPTER 10 – WE'RE NOT FRIENDS.

Rory walked aimlessly, for hours even, in hopes of becoming distracted and completely oblivious to the world. Replaying her conversation with Amy in her mind, she reevaluated the situation and regretted not having done anything differently. She should have expressed herself better, she shouldn't have let her go off like that.

She returned to the hotel frustrated on so many levels. She began to recapitulate in her mind to find the moment when her life was out of control. But the answer was in front of her eyes.

Logan was sitting there alone at the bar counter. Of course, it was him. He was the shifter that turned her life into a mess. She began to act strangely, insecure, and out of control. She watched Logan drinking his old scotch and she just knew it wasn't time to overthink. It's all she'd ever done so far and it didn't work out.

"A scotch, please." She ordered, sitting by his side.

He pouted sarcastically. "Someone is ready for the party."

Rory looked at him and decided to change her order. "Make it a double-scotch."

Logan's face froze. "I would ask what happened, but I'm afraid you will get into an alcoholic coma on the first drink."

She wiped a hand down her face, still stunned that things had happened so quickly. "Amy evaporated."

Logan nodded at her, but there was unconcern in his voice. "Don't worry, Ace. You still have me."

"I'm serious, Logan. She really vanished. We had this huge fight."

"What did you fight about?" He asked.

"You..." She said, sheepishly. "She found about us."

"How?"

She shook her head. "She just did."

"Don't worry, she'll get over it." He repeated, but Rory was inconsolable. "I don't know. I lied to her. I had never lied to her before and I feel so stupid."

He rubbed her back and tried his best to sound soothing. "You're not stupid. You're just having a hard time."

"How do you know that?"

"I can see."

"Right, because you know me so well." She said, sarcastically as the bartender handed her drink.

"No, because I'm giving you a hard time."

"Sure, because that would be way less pretentious." She mockingly corrected, tossing the drink down her throat.

Logan watched in amazement the grimace she displayed, then continued. "I'm serious, Ace. I know this isn't easy for you. Trust me, this isn't easy for me either."

She glanced at him. "You make it look easy."

"That's because you're not putting this into perspective. You're overreacting, you're always too worried to make everything perfect. Sometimes you will let people down, then you will apologize and move on."

She giggled. "Thanks, Dr. Phil."

He smiled. "What I'm trying to say is that I'll be gone soon. Just hang in there."