😊Hoping & Not Hoping 😥

"Sometimes, we should be brave enough to let go rather than standing at the crossroads undecided."
_ Yaa Fosua Dunyo

✍✍✍✍✍✍✍

I got up and straightened my dre👗 ss. "So Doc Hanson, will this be our last session?" I eagerly asked my therapist for the last thirteen months.

After my breakdown, I've been regularly attending therapy sessions with her. And I'm glad that I accepted the help in the first place_

"Eyram? No excessive daydreaming, young lady. I thought we had gone through that." Doctor Hanson chided, frowning. "And I never said this is our last session. Eyi, you are stuck with me for a very long time."

"What?" I gaped at her. "I'm well and I performed excellently in my first semester exams though I reported to school a bit late. Yet I did just fine and everything is great." I paused, breathing in. "Have even started making preparations for my fashion company. So why, Doc?"

Doctor Hanson chuckled, leaning forward on her table. "Tell me honestly, deep down within you, aren't you waiting for PJay?"

I tensed at the unexpected question.

"Answer me honestly, Eyi." She stated.

"Doc, I don't know. But I know I'm not going to see another person any time soon." I replied faintly.

"What if he calls or comes back? Will you?"

I swallowed thickly. "I have no answer to give you because I have never and don't want to think about it."

"Okay," Doctor Hanson nodded. "It's understandable. You are brave, Eyi and I'm proud to have been of help to you."

"I am the one grateful here." I leaned forward and hugged her.

KNUST Campus,
(Asempa Hostel)

The door to the rooms I was sharing with my best friends suddenly burst open. In ran a panting Sisi. I blinked.

"Eyi! Here is the latest gist_" Lariba rushed inside and swiftly covered Sisi's mouth with a hand. The latter pushed it away and ran towards our tiny bathroom. "Lariba is dating Hamza_"

Lariba threw a slipper she had just removed at her. "I told you not to, just yet!"

I burst into laughter as they ran around our mini living room. "Someone come see these toddlers I call best friends! What is wrong with you girls?"

They stopped, collapsing on the floor. "You are not worried?" Lariba was frowning at me.

I blinked once more. "I'm lost here."

"Well Eyi, our darling Lariba has found herself a new man_"

"It's for me to disclose not you, Sisi!" Lariba glared at her and she merely shrugged.

"So disclose else I will."

Lariba sighed then took my hands in hers. "I don't know how to start this. Eyi, it just happened and Hamza and I became_ she shook her head. "You recall two months ago that weekend you left for home?" I mutely nodded, too tense to utter a word at the mention of Hamza. "Sisi and I went clubbing with our hostel mates downstairs at Elmina. We also planned spending the rest of the weekend there. We saw Hamza and Odonkor. I was drunk and Mansa dared me to hit on Hamza. I did. Things got heated between us and I woke up the next day... Guess what happened." Lariba sighed, staring warily at me.

"So, Hamza has been bugging her ever since. Saying he can't forget her and the feeling was mutual. Then minutes ago, at the guest house opposite the main entrance, Lariba accepted to be his." Sisi completed when Lariba wouldn't continue. "She refused him previously because of you_"

"What about me?" I gently cut in. "PJay once told me Hamza had a thing for you but I shrugged it off when I didn't see him do anything about it and because you dated Ray. Now he has and you want to throw it away because his best friend is PJay?" I held her by the shoulders. "Lariba, be with him because you want to not because of me or any one else. PJay and I are a different story. Don't entangle us in yours." I replied and leaned back against the wall, closing my eyes.

"Hamza said PJay travelled to the UK. The why you couldn't get him all these while."

"And isn't he back in the States now? Has he not seen the missed calls and texts?" Sisi countered angrily.

"He returned last night and has been occupied with work and stuff." Lariba added.

"Stop defending that manwhore, Lariba. One is never too busy to make a simple phone call. Any man that gives his woman that excuse is no real partner." Sisi hissed and left for the bathroom.

"I'm not taking sides here, Eyi_"

"Then don't say anything."

"Try calling him now and see." Lariba suggested. "He has a new private line due to the pressure from fans. Here," she showed me a number on her phone.

I shook my head. "I'm busy, like the way he is busy making name and money. I'm also busy making good grades and name." I stated, lying back on the bed and closing my eyes. "Good night."

🔲Author's Note: ✍
Will you still wait for a man or partner that makes no time to even call you? In a long distance relationship?
To be continued...

Love,
Yaa🔥Fosua