👢THE TWO MUSKETEERS👢

"Go after whatever makes you happy, positively."
_YFD rephrased

THE TWO MUSKETEERS
👢👢👢👢👢👢👢👢

"And here is the 'Face' behind The Muse!" A class mate, Pomaa called teasingly as we, the trio approached from the direction of the Dinning Hall. We just took our lunch at the hall and the siren sounded two minutes ago.

We were run-walking to class when Pomaa and her best friend_ partner in crime, Bree halted us.
Sisi and Lariba sighed. "You two Musketeers, what now?" I asked, trying without success to go around them.

"Come on Eyi, it's been weeks and you're still the talk of Aburi Girls." Bree smirked, tracing her fingers on my arm.

I shoved it away. Sometimes, I swear that she's ​a lesbian_ could she be? Our headmistress, a Catholic Mother punishes such and we all know. Bree knows so I guess, it might just be my imagination.
"Move, Musketeers!" When they wouldn't budge, I walked backwards and took the grassy field that leads to our block.

"Wait for us, Eyi!" For a heartbeat, I thought it was my best friends then sighed when I realised it was the two. They hooked our arms and half dragged me to class. I gestured at my friends to follow.

Thankfully, our teacher was about to enter the class. I exhaled happily because our Clothing Madam is very, very strict. Sisi and Lariba who are offering General Arts, Literature went upstairs to the next block where their History class is.

Unfortunately for me, Bree and Pomaa are also Home Econs students. The former is even my desk mate! 😦 Such a joy!

Madam Fremaa entered and people began settling down.
"Enough murmurings and doing nothing_ or should I say, pretending to be studying immediately I walked in?" She mocked but her expression was grim.

We all got behind our desks and some of us began testing the sewing machines that were on our desks.

"Now class..." She started then went to write the date and subject on the marker board with her famous pink marker.

I tell you, this Madam is so obsessed with pink than Nikki Minaj was in Pink Friday! Her dress had lots of pink designs in it. She turned to us again. "Let us continue with learning how to sew a simple vest that you can wear. Pick up from where we left off yesterday." She ordered and we got down to business.

Bree leaned towards me. "I love the material you are working on. Once our vests are done, I'll give you mine to wear and vice versa. What do you think? She cocked her head to one side.

"Terrible idea." I replied stiffly then nudged her to sew. She shrugged_

"Ms Bree! Concentrate!" Madam Fremaa snapped.

"Okay, I will." She replied, going back to her sewing.

👩👩👩
Twenty minutes into our work, the Office Girl knocked and entered. She moved to speak in low tone with our Madam then came to stand in front of the class. She was holding onto a couple of envelopes_

"I nearly forgot that it's Val's Day!" Bree screeched, shooting up from her seat.

I rolled my eyes. This was so Bree. At least, Pomaa tries to behave somehow when we are in class.

"Sit down, Bree!" She abruptly sat down even before Madam completed her words.

The Office Girl, Ruhiya, cleared her throat to draw our attention back to her. "So these are the letters that we received during the week. There were some parcels and hampers attached that will be sent to your respective dorms later. She revealed and some of us groaned in displeasure. What's the fun in that if we give you everything now? She smirked and a few laughed. Okay, so to start with the first letter here..."
"Ayele Boi, Mansa Dadson... She called. Shrieks followed when a student heard her name. Next is E_ Ruhiya halted, glancing at me briefly. She chuckled, took the top envelope and put it under.

I narrowed my eyes on her. There was no doubt that it was mine_

"I've just been called!" Bree shouted beside me then sprinted forward to grab her quite fat envelope. She sat down, edging closer to me so that she can speak to Pomaa on the desk next to me. "Have you got yours_? Ah, she's calling your name now."

Pomaa chuckled and went to get hers.

I sighed when there was just one envelope left. Not all received letters but this should be mine.

Ruhiya grinned brightly. "So this final envelope is for.... Who do you think?" She questioned.

"The Face of The Muse!" Both Pomaa and Bree shrieked, jumping up. I groaned, covering my ears. What did I just say earlier? Pomaa tries to behave in class.

"You got that right, Musketeers. Ruhiya raised the envelope up before reading. PJay's Personal Muse." She read aloud.

Whistles and cheers filled the classroom. I felt so uncomfortable as I got up to take the envelope.

"Okay, that's all for now. Your extra gifts should be on your beds after Preps tonight. Happy Valentine's Day to you all!" With​ that, Ruhiya thanked Madam then exited the class​.
Her departure didn't lessen the noise but rather gave it more fuel.

"Silence!" Madam Fremaa ordered.

We barely heard her_ well, I chose to ignore as the Musketeers and I chatted about what might be in our envelopes. None of us has opened theirs​ yet. We all want to wait for way after Preps_

"Silence, class!" Madam shouted this time. And we shushed immediately, putting our envelopes aside and fumbling with the vests we are working on. "Good, let's continue with our sewing." She commented, walking between us.

🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸🍹🍹

📝 Author's Note: 📝
So another interesting chapter.
Do you think Eyi also sent a gift to PJay?
Let me know.
Waiting on ideas for the character roles
...

xoxo,
Yaa 🔥 Fosua