✋The Wait & Surprises 😱

"What is Wrong with People and Valentine?"
_Sisi Asantewaa Yankson (Forgiving Him)

PJay's POV

(PJay's cubicle)

"Will you stop pacing, Pjay?" Hamza, my first best friend snapped at me when I wouldn't stop pacing the room. He was sitting backward on the chair with his back facing the table. "Just sit down will you? My eyes following you with every movement you make is giving me a headache."

I sighed and sat down, facing him. "Do you think she will have received the gifts by now? He just stared at me. You know that we sent them this afternoon. Won't they be kept till next week since it's Friday_?"

"Chill, PJay! Chill, man! You made Koo go all the way to Aburi Girls. Why? Just so Eyi personally receives the gifts. And today happens to be Val's Day so letters and gifts that arrive today will be delivered to the respective recipients." Hamza explained and I sighed once more, still not feeling any calm. "Just relax, man."

I nodded_ "but where are the others? Aren't we supposed to be resting?"

"Says the guy that had been pacing moments ago."

"Alright, simply call them over. I wouldn't want anyone dozing off throughout while lesson is in progress​..."

✍✍✍✍✍✍✍✍✍✍✍✍

Eyi's POV

"Come on, tell us, Eyi!" Lariba cooed.

I shook my head as we made our way towards the dorm. Prep was over_

"Watch out!" Sisi pushed me aside as students hurriedly filed past us. "Goodness! What is wrong with people and Valentine? Are their gifts going to ran away if they walk majestically as we are doing?" Sisi shook her head in dismay.

Lariba chuckled but tugged at us to hurry as well. We raised eyebrows at her. "What? Can't you see we are in the way? Let's hurry so no one crushes us truly next time." She glared at us.
We mutely nodded and followed.
👀👀👀👀👀

I gasped when my eyes fell on Sisi's bed opposite mine_ she was originally given a dorm two blocks away. But Sisi somehow coerced my next bedmate to exchange beds and dorms.
Lariba luckily was assigned to my dorm, the top bed over mine. So Sisi feeling left out, had to force her way here_ and now here we are, together again. Just as we wanted! And I couldn't help but marvel over the real sunflowers 🌻 and cauliflowers that had been lined on Sisi's white sheet bed. There were about three parcels_

A shriek made me look up to see Lariba midway on the steps leading to her bed. She shrieked again then covered her mouth, looking about the dorm.
Our dorm mates were however, occupied with the gifts on their own beds_ well, not all received gifts and were either lying on their beds or gathered around us who have received something.
Lariba wasn't expecting anything so I could comprehend my friend's surprise upon seeing her bed. Sisi of course, climbed up after her.
I leaned upwards to see what she got and had to suppress a gasp. A huge hamper and a big envelope with a single red rose lay on the bed. Sisi and I exchanged surprised looks. Our eyes seem to ask: 'who is it?' I climbed up as well and we sat Lariba between us.

"Open up so we see." I suggested when she merely rolled the envelope in her hands. Lariba shook her head_

"What do you mean by no?" Sisi complained.

"What?" Lariba slightly jumped and our mouths formed 'oh'. 'She was definitely in Atlantis and not here.' I gestured at the envelope. "Ah yeah, but I wonder if it's him." She mumbled so low that we barely heard.

"If it's who?" Sisi inquired.

"You see, I met this guy during that Entertainment_ when PJay's school came... We nodded at her to go on. Well, there was this fresh guy who happens to be part of the Muse Band that performed_"

"And who is it?" I was getting irritated.

"His name is Nuredeen and he and I started talking that night. Then things got heated_ Lariba halted then glared at us warily. Sorry, I didn't want to but I didn't take it serious either or that he will take it serious." Sisi just stared bleakly at her while I narrowed my gaze on her. "We kissed 😘 that night and you see_"

"You kissed just as you met him?" I screamed.

"On the first day?" Sisi added in disbelief.

"I didn't know that he took it serious and will even do this..." She replied warily, gesturing at the gifts now in her laps.

"Well he has_ or someone else has. Now open this letter and let's feast our eyes and drown our ears 👂." Sisi smirked...

"Aren't you tired, Sisi? And you too, Lari?" I peered at them. We had finished reading their letters and gone through the gifts.

Now they sat on either side of me on my bed, holding out the two envelopes. One was the one I received in class and there was a much bigger and coloured envelope along with the gifts.

Sisi nudged me in the side. "Just open the letters already!"

"You read ours, come on. Open them so we do same. Lariba pressed. That reminds me, you sent him something too, right?"
I merely shrugged.

"Come on, Eyram. Earlier after Prep, the assistant Office Girl  approached us and told you about sending something you asked in the morning. What was it?" Sisi insisted, bringing up the conversation I had intentionally evaded.

I sighed. "Okay, my gifts to him. That was the something. She wanted me to know that it has been delivered."

"Now open the letters. Or are you afraid that our guys will be better letter writers than almighty PJay?" Lariba teased with a smirk.

Sisi smirked as well. "Oooooh, I see."

I frowned then roughly tore the small envelope's opening...

👀👀👀👀👀👀

✍Author's Note✍
What do you think PJay sent Eyram​?
Will PJay beat the others guys in writing romantic letters?
💟Realm💖Yaa💟

°xoxo,
Yaa 🔥 Fosua