Like I Care?🛀

"An animal that won't bite you, will not show you its teeth."
_ Akan Proverb

E

EYRAM POV:

A Week Later,
(On the Hanson Avenue)

Lariba and I were just coming from Sisi's mansion. And just as we branched from Sisi's Street to the Hanson Avenue, we heard a loud laughter from the open restaurant opposite.
We curiously and absently turned to see PJay and Melissa deeply engrossed in a conversation.

I hastily walk on, without a word.

"Eyi," Lariba began.

I raised a hand ✋ at her. "Not another word."

"Eyi come on, I hate to see you like this. PJay shocks me now and then. Or isn't this the same PJay that poured his heart out in front of us all and in his valentine letter? Can people change that fast? I ignored her. Don't mind, I know just the thing to keep your mind off him."

I eyed her then. "And you said I'm lovesick or broken hearted. My dear friend, like Beyonce sang: 'no broken hearted girl.' He can go to Hades for all I care." I quickened my pace.

Lariba shrugged. "Whatever, but what I've in mind will still hold. Let's plan a holiday-out. Leave here for some days to avoid seeing him and Melissa."

"Will Sisi join?" Lariba nodded to my question. "Alright, let's go to our various homes and plan for it, packing and all."

We hurried home, with Lariba on the phone with Sisi. Telling her of our Impromptu outing.

Next Day,

"Eyi, over here!" Sisi waved at me. She stood beside a BMW X5 car with Lariba putting stuff into the boot of the car. I knew Sisi could drive but she has no license nor has her parents given her any vehicle or chance to get a license even.
They had said she should finish High School first. So... I narrowed my gaze on her.

Sisi seems to have caught on my unasked question. "Oh, as you can see, we won't be going to the bus stop. Odonkor decided we use his car for our trip."

I blinked. "How come?"

"I saw him this dawn and we got talking, and here we are. We've got our own ride for our own trip!" Lariba piped in, coming to lean on the car as well.

I clapped my hands together. "Oh great_ but won't he need it?"

Lariba shrugged. "He claims to be getting rid of me. According to him, I worry him too much."

I nodded. "Sisi, how do I look? Green or red flag?" I asked, swiftly looking myself over.

"Gorgeous," Sisi said with a smirk. "We all do. Come on, girls, let's bounce!"

"There he comes and with that Melissa's brother, Joe. Perhaps, coming back from doing her. Lariba fake gagged, opening the front passenger side.  He has seen us. Let us go_!"

"Where are you girls going to in such a rush? PJay shouted. And is that not Odonkor's ride?"

The girls got in. Lariba stuck her head out a bit. "Somewhere. See you guys next year. Cheerio for now!" She waved then sat back in the car as Sisi drove off.

Accra Zoo,

"Wow! Eyi! Sisi! Over here. Lariba stood before the monkey section, a camera in hand. Come watch these baboons sway and jump like nobody's business from 🌲 to 🌲."

I gently put down the snake around my neck and Sisi and I left the snake section for where Lariba was. We laughed and took pictures now and then.

Soon we moved away to the 🐦 birds 🐦 section.
Wow... I was in awe over the different types of birds. Some were busy building nests and were totally ignoring our presence. Others fed their young ones.

"And looking at this spectacular scene, I wish I could sit like this, watching. While the Sun ⛅ nourish the scene and myself more. The clouds interrupting at measured intervals." I recited in one breath with my eyes closed and arms wide open_

"Eyi, wake up! Wake up from your daydreaming_"

"Ah, is my name being called? Ancestors, is it time already? But I don't think so now_"

"Eyi! Eyi, I am the one calling you. Wake up from your daydream." The voice_ ah, it was Lariba. She sounds impatient.

"Where are we...? I drifted off, looking around at the forest.

Sisi chuckled. "Indeed, you were daydreaming and in this HOT afternoon." I clicked my tongue at her.

"Girlfriends, it's dark. We should leave now." Lariba stated.

I nodded and we set off from the forest. What a great time to daydream_ on an outing? I shook my head at my crazy thoughts...

Author's Note 📝
Hey loves,
How was Eyi's reaction to PJay and Melissa?
Was touring the best way to clear her head instead of wine 🍷 or cigarette?
I support her choice.
You? When you are depressed or stressed, what do you do to lift your spirits up?

. xoxo,
Yaa🔥Fosua