Chapter 11

I finished rubbing in the sunscreen on my little sister's face, then allowed her to join her twin. The both ran to the clear blue water which wasn't too far from where I had laid a large white sheet out with large umbrellas on both sides for shade. 

        "Come here." I motioned for Luke to walk over. He hesitantly did before realizing what I was going to do. By the time he had thought about turning away, it was too late. I had already grabbed him and was spraying him with sunscreen. 

        "I am not risking you getting burned!" I yelled making my siblings laugh while I held the taller boy down. He groaned realizing it would just be better if he stayed still. Happy that I could manage to hold the boy down, I continued to make sure he wouldn't get burned. Even though Luke looked like he never burned. Luke continued to whine even when I had finished coating him down in sunscreen. 

        "Can I go play now, mom?" He asked smartly. I narrowed my eyes into a glare making him roll his eyes. Just as I was about to snap at him, he ran off to the beach screaming like a small child. He may be fourteen, but he acts like my younger siblings. I watched him play with the two twins in the shallow part of the water. They squealed in delight while Luke lightly splashes and chased them around. While laughing at them play, I heard what sounded like screams from behind me. I quickly whirled around to see Baylor flailing his arms and running in my direction. I jumped up quickly feeling dizzy, and began to back up. 

        "Rachel," Baylor panted coming to a halt. "There's a crazy ferret lady moving in close by!" My mouth dropped and I wanted to kick him down.

        "You mean you scared me, and ran all this way to inform me a crazy ferret lady was moving in?" He nodded excitedly, clearly ignoring the anger on my face. I then sighed and shook my head.

        "What am I going to do with you?" I laughed softly while he regained himself. 

        "Love me." I laughed slightly nervously at his serious tone. I couldn't tell if he meant it in a certain special way, or the sibling way. Wait, did I want it to be in the special way? My stomach began to feel nauseous as I thought more. Baylor was so cute, always there for me, and could make me laugh at any time.  

        "Rach?" Baylor waved his hand in front of my face with a worried expression.

        "Hm?" I looked at him innocently. His warm smile returned to his face. 

        "What's going on?" Luke had Justice in his arms. I quickly searched around for Ella until I realized she was in Baylor's arms. She must have jumped in his arms while I was thinking. 

        "Are you going to play?" She asked poking her bottom lip out.

        "Not today El." Baylor planted a kiss on her forehead before letting her down. She sighed sadly before walking over to me and hugging my leg. I could see the regret in Bay's eyes, until my dad called him. 

        "Have fun." I smiled watching his brown eyes light up. He quickly nodded before taking off towards my dad. 

        "No one answered my question." Luke pouted.

        "I'm so sorry!" I covered my mouth before giggling lightly. Luke glared at me then put Justice down. Before I could do anything, he threw me over his shoulder and was headed for the water. 

        "You should really consider dating my brother, he really likes you." He said quickly going deep into the water. 

        "Wha-" I didn't get to say anything more. Cold water surrounded me. While I searched for the bottom to push myself up, I couldn't find it. Panic quickly surged through my body, which was probably the last thing I should have let happen. If only Luke had known I wasn't very good at swimming. I frantically flung my arms around, desperately trying to push my way up to the surface. Anything I did seemed to make my lungs ache even more. I didn't dare give up, I pushed until I felt something snap. Not bone breaking snap, but a firework snap. It felt like a billion fireworks had blown up in my lungs. I could no longer bring myself to move. I felt someone dive in from beside me. Was I that close to the dock? How far had Luke thrown me? Had I been swimming away from the shore, and closer to sea? I was losing consciousness and I couldn't move, it hurt too much. Before the person and I hit the surface the pain stopped. Everything just stopped. 

A/N: Cliffhanger!!! I know I'm so sorry, buttt I wanted to keep you coming back haha. Again Friday is the deadline for the cover picture, love you guys!