Chapter 9

Jake sat on my little sister's top bunk of her white bunk bed with us girls while we tried to avoid the 'lava' that was taking over her kingdom. We all held onto each other knowing we would die soon in her game. Jake fixed the silver sparkly tiara on his head, then flipped part of the hot pink boa around his neck back. I fixed my white daisy flower crown I usually wore, then smiled at my younger sister who dramatically cried. Jake then threw his boa and tiara voice, and dropped his voice low. 
        "Princess Ella, I will sacrifice myself for you and the queen." Ella giggled softly then shook her head.
        "If you insist," Ella sighed looking over at me. "Don't worry anymore, he'll save us." I laughed at her then looked over at Jake who only smiled brightly at me. 
        "Thank you, brave knight." I said clearly in character. 
        "For you my queen I'd do anything." Jake leaned over, pushing past any boundaries I may have had up. 
        "We're going to die if you don't hurry!" She snapped with loads of sass looking up at Jake that had leaned over her. He chuckled before leaning back, crawling over the edge of the bed, and hopped down.
        "Now that that's over with, it's time to eat!" Ella squealed and crawled down the ladder with a slight hop causing her to nearly fall from the ladder. Before Jake or I could grab her she managed to catch herself.
        "Are you okay?" I asked while she gave me a distraught look. Her big blue eyes bulged out of her head while she slightly panted.
        "I could have died!" She hopped down and flailed her arms crazily. I laughed and crawled down the white metal ladder after her.
        "By the way, where is Baylor?" She asked poking her bottom lip out.
        "Your princess shanaynay couldn't make it this time." Jake's face turned red while he tried not to laugh.
        "Why not?" She whimpered softly making my heart melt.
        "She has her own castle to attend too." My sister sighed sadly before turning away, and pouting her way to the stairs. 
        "I'm sorry." Jake chuckled looking over at me while I dusted invisible dirt off my shorts. 
        "Don't be, she favors Baylor over me." I laughed softly leading him out of the room and downstairs. We walked past the living room into the hall, where we then turned left to face a white door, and a hallway. 
        "Pick one." I told him with a small laugh. 
        "The door?" He shrugged making me smile. I led him through the door that revealed a fairly large sized kitchen, and my step-mom.
        "Will you set the table please?" She asked not looking up from the stove. 
        "Yeah." I went over to the lightly shaded oak cabinets and opened them to reveal plates. I handed five big plates to Jake, and took two kid plates. I grabbed some silver wear from the drawer at my hips, then led him through the other door on the opposite side of the kitchen. He followed me and smiled softly at his brother, and distributed plates along with me. Once we were finished I sat between my siblings near the end of the table while my dad instructed Jake to sit at the other end of the table. Suddenly I heard my sister giggle and I looked over at her and Jake confused. Jake gave me an innocent look while my sister continued to squeal and giggle. 
        "Stop it!" She squealed again as my step-mom walked in with some of the food. I hopped up and quickly made my way to the kitchen to help her with the rest. 
        "Jake, do you have a pink boa on?" My step-mom asked with a giggle. I laughed along with her and shook my head softly. After we sat down and said grace, everyone began eating.
        "So I invited Baylor to come down if that's all right," Ella's eyes lit up along with Justice's. "And he will be staying." My step-mom added with a warm smile. I could see my dad give her a confused look, but she gave one back that seemed to hush her. 
        "Well that's nice." Jake smiled and nodded in approval. Luke continued to eat not really paying any attention. I said nothing, happy that I could have all my friends, and real family together. My dad shook his head and sighed softly before stretching.
        "Do you wan to go for a morning ride tomorrow?" My dad looked over at me with a smile. I nodded quickly excited. He laughed at my face with a smile and went back to eating.
        After dinner I went up to my room and pulled out my guitar case that sat in the corner of the room. I pulled my acoustic out happily before sitting on my bed and strumming it softly. It had been quite some time since I had been able to play.  I grabbed my pic and began to strum harder playing All About Us by He Is We, and sang. The song surrounded me, and pulled me into a whole new world. Claps snapped me out of my trance once I finished making me jump softly. I had messed up quite a few times, why was he clapping?
        "Thank you." I smiled while Jake sat next to me on my bed and looked around at the walls. One had 'Express yourself' at the top of the wall and had all my paintings under it. Another was white with music notes splattered all over it on a squiggly music staff that filled the whole wall. Another had large flowers painted on it that I had done many years ago. The last wall had bands and lyrics all over it, only having room  for two bands. 
        "Any time, you should play for me sometime." He nudged me with a smile. I nodded with a smile before getting up to close the purple curtains that hung around the black trim. I then sat back down on the windowsill seat. 
        "Oh! I bet you and Luke would like to know where you're staying!" 
        "Yes please." Luke's head popped in. I laughed and put my guitar down, before leading them down the hall. 
        "You can have separate bedrooms tonight, but when Baylor shows tomorrow, you'll both have to share a bed." Luke groaned while Jake nodded. 
        "I can deal with that." I blushed as he winked. Luke began making gagging and barfing noises. Jake leaned in closing a lot of space between us causing his brother to make siren noises. When he placed both hands on my face I held my breath not knowing what to do when Luke yanked his brother off of me.
        "What part of siren noises do you not understand?! Luke is clearly uncomfortable!" Luke exclaimed while flailing his arms. 
        "What part of Luke can just leave don't you understand?" Jake snapped back at his brother.
        "You always chose the time when I'm around." Luke whined making me laugh. I just shook my head softly.
        "Goodnight guys." I hugged them both.
        "Goodnight Rachel." Luke smiled. 
        "Night." Jake hugged me back tightly when I got to him making me smile into his shoulder. When he let go I pulled away and started to walk back to my room. Everything seemed to be falling into place, for now.