Chapter 6

"No!" Luke and Jake screamed as I beat them for the second time in Mario cart racing. I laughed watching Jake get up and throw me over his shoulder. 

        "Jake!" I squealed with a laugh following soon after. He only chuckled and continued to carry me into the kitchen. 

        "Do I have permission to kidnap your daughter for tonight, and bring her back by exactly 3 pm a week from today?" I continued to laugh feeling the blood rush to my head. 

        "I don't know..." I could hear my mom nervously trail off. 

        "Jacob Foushee put me down!" I demanded with another laugh. He ignored me and sweet talked my mom while I glared at Luke who laughed at me. 

        "Jake, I swear if anything happens to her!" My mom yelled shakily while he carried me outside. I crossed my arms from my spot on his shoulder and huffed. He mocked me and walked over to his car.

        "I promise, nothing will happen," He smiled and waved to my mom pretending to drop me. I screamed along with Luke who then laughed it off. "I got you both!" He laughed putting me in the passengers seat. Luke threw the blanket in the backseat, then got in afterwards. My moms face was full of worry and regret. I knew the moment we got to wherever he was taking me, my mom was going to call us and make me come back. 

        "Where are we going?" I asked looking over at him. 

        "Home," I gave him a confused look. "Meaning Florida, I know you don't get to see your dad and half siblings, plus vidcon is going to be in Florida!" He smiled. My mouth hung open while I stared at him in awe. Tears began to roll down my face as I looked out the window causing Jake to pull over. 

        "What's wrong?" Luke asked a little worried. I reached over and pulled Jake into an awkward hug. 

        "You guys are the best." I said into Jake's shoulder. He laughed and awkwardly hugged me back. There was no good hugs when you were in a car, and had a consul between you. 

        "It's going to be a long drive though." Luke stated with a sigh once I sat back in my seat. 

        "I'm willing to endure it." I smiled back at him. 

        "At least we all don't hate each other." They nodded in agreement while Jake pulled back onto the road. 

        "Almost ten hours to get to Royal Palm Beach..." Jake trailed typing it into the GPS. "We'll probably stop and stay somewhere when it gets dark." I nodded in agreement not wanting to make him drive all night. It took me a little bit until I noticed Luke and Jake having an eye conversation through the mirror. 

        "Is everything okay?" I asked looking over to Jake. 

        "Yeah, why wouldn't it be?" He gave me a warm smile. I shrugged smiling back.

        "You guys just got really quiet." I remarked. 

        "Luke and I have this weird way of talking," He seemed to glare at his younger brother before smiling at me again. "We tend to talk with our eyes and forget we have other people with us sometimes." Jake laughed. 

        "Should I just say what I was thinking then?" Luke grinned mischievously. 

        "Don't you dare." Jake threatened. 

        "All right." Luke held his hands up and raised his eyebrows. Jake grinned and started to chuckle. I just shook my head at the brothers and smiled.