28

Your comments meant a lot to me. Sometimes, the chapter changes because of the ideas I've got from your comments guys. Thank you so much ^_^

Kit's POV

"When you're ready to fully accept me, come to me. I don't need your half arsed feelings. I think I deserve better than that."

His words were like a dagger that pierced through my already broken heart.

I felt like I will never ever be okay again.

My body went numb.

I was frozen to where I was standing.

I wanted to run after him.

I wanted to chase him.

But my feet seemed to be planted to where I was standing.

Can I really do it?

Is my fear of being hurt more than the pain of losing him?

Yes.

No.

So why are you not running after him?

I heard the door closed.

Ming, I whisper.

"Kit? Are you okay?" I heard Beam asked but I vaguely recognized him.

"Hey," he tapped my shoulder.

"Ha?" I asked. I was surprised to see him next to me.

"You've been like a zombie these past few days. I was wondering if you're alright." He said. There was a genuine concern in his tone.

It was already a week after that night. I have never seen him ever since.

When you are ready, come to me.

Is he still waiting for me? Or was he done waiting?

"Ah, ye-yes. I'm done." I replied.

Beam looked at me keenly. "No, you are not fine at all." he concluded. "What's wrong?" he inquired.

I sighed.

"I'm just tired,"

"Tired?" he repeated. "No wonder, you've been walking around soulless these past few days. If it were me I would be dead tired." he sounded angry.

I kept my silence.

"Is it Ming?" he persistently asked. "Na? Is it him?"

I shook my head. It's not him. It's me.

"Tonight, let's go out. And we are not accepting no for an answer." Beam demanded.

I just nodded, unable to fully comprehend what he said.

The bar was noisy and smoky as usual. After school, Beam followed me around to make sure I'll come when I wanted to go home. He literally dragged me by the collar.

When we arrived he led me inside where Pha, Yo, Forth and some of our friends were sitting.

I was half expecting to see Ming since Yo was here.

I looked around.

There was no Ming.

"Hey Kit," Tin handed me a bottle of beer. She seemed drunk already.

"Thanks," I said. I wasn't in the mood to socialize but Beam would surely trouble me. "I didn't expect you here."

"Likewise," she winked.