6

Kit's POV

He was so full of himself. He really knows how to get on my nerves.

I never wish to meet him again.

Something at the back of his mind seemed to disagree with it.

I slept with so much hatred in him.

The next morning,  I was preparing myself to go to school when I discovered that my ID was missing.

Where did I put it? asking myself.

I took all the things out of my bag to check if it wasn't really there.

It's going to be a troublesome to get a new one for sure.

After checking every nook and cranny of my room,  I gave up.

A new one, it is. I muttered.

I walked in the classroom,  frustrated.  I headed to where we usually sit. The two haven't arrived yet. I sitted on my usual chair. I greeted some classmates I passed by.

I didn't have to wait long,  Beam and Pha arrived after a few minutes.

"My condolences, " Beam hold his hand to complete his act.

I furrowed my brows.

"You look like someone just died, " he expounded. "Who died? " he added.

"You should say "will die" because I'll strangle your neck if you won't shut up. "

He acted scared. Pha chuckled.

"Forth will surely miss you. " Pha commented.

Beam crumpled a piece of paper and threw it to Pha which the latter dodged.

"Have you seen my ID? " I asked.

They both shake their head.

"Why? " Pha asked.

"I've been looking for it since this morning but to no avail, " it reminded me of my dilemma. 

I sighed, "I'll drop by the admin office later to get a new one you can just go ahead for lunch."

Pha gave an "okay" sign. Beam nodded.

Their professor arrived, the class begun.

Before he proceeded with the lesson, the professor assigned a partner for them to do a research.

He was partnered with Ice,  their department's moon.

Ice was very comfortable to be with. He has a very good sense of humor on top of his good looks. He won't be chosen as our department's moon if he wasn't after all. 

He was way better than a certain guy I know, I thought.

"Choose a representative to come forward and pick a topic from this bowl. " the professor lifted a fish bowl where folded pieces of paper were inside.

"You go and pick, " said Ice.

"Are you sure?  What if I picked up the most difficult topic? " I asked.

I looked at him with an awkward smile.

"Hmm,  I will only blame you" he replied a matter-of-factly.

I studied his expressions.

"and consider myself unlucky to have you as my partner. " he replied with a very serious tone.

The smile left my face.

He chuckled, "just kidding. " he snickered. "Don't worry, " he encouraged me.

I came forward and did what he told me to. I didn't peek into it until I reached to where he was.

I gave it to him and he opened it.

Adult Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder

Not bad.

I sitted beside him. We begun talking about what we will point out regarding the topic. He opened his laptop to look up for more information.

I like how he elaborated his ideas intelligently. He asked for my opinions and he listened to it attentively.

We gathered more data online and put them all in one file.

"Wait, you right click here" I said pointing to the word with an error.

Instead of clicking the right button of the mouse he wrote "click" to the space where I pointed.

I laughed out loud then he did as well after sometime.

The professor looked at us with a warning look on his face.

Pha and Beam watched them with curiosity written all over their face.

We abruptly stopped and we bowed our head to apologize.

"I just thought you needed a break. " he grinned from ear to ear. "You were so serious. " he added cutely.

Then it dawned on me, he did it intentionally.

I couldn't contain my laughter so I looked away.

Good lookingSmart. Dependable. Great sense of humor.  He will surely make a good boyfriend. I smiled at the thought.

Unlike someone I know. Why do I keep on comparing them?

We kept going with our research, I sometimes caught him stealing glances at me. We were sitting closely because we were using one laptop so it was easy to tell.

My imagination,  maybe. I disposed the notion.

We heard the chair moved,  Mr. New stood up.  "Okay,  please finish your research paper and submit a draft next meeting." he stated.

"The deadline is at the end of the month but I want a draft to be submitted on Monday so I'll know if you're working on it. " he explained. "I want you to work on it as a group,  okay? "

End of the month will be in more or less three weeks.

"I guess we've done enough research for our first draft. " I heard him say while the professor kept on talking.

"I think so too. " I agreed.

"Can I get your number? " he asked.

"Hmm? " I managed to muster.

"You know,  just in case. " he showed his laptop.

I got it.

I took my phone out and asked him to type his number.

I peeked at it when he was done,  he saved his number as My Partner

I don't want to overthink about it so I dialed his number.

When it rang, I dropped the call. He was typing something on his phone.

He recorded my number as My Partner as well.

Crazy. 

"Do you have any questions? " I heard Mr. New asked.

Everyone kept their silence.

"Yes? " Mr. New pointed the student at the back.

Some of us turned their head to the student but I paid no attention to it as I was busy gathering my things.

"I want to know Mr. New.. " a familiar voice said. "do you think Mr. Kit will say yes if I ask him to go out on a date with me? "

The class roared in sync.

I enjoyed writing this chapter. :)
How do you like our Ming?
*grinning*