25

Kit's POV

"Hi, Kit. " I broke my gaze from my book to the person who greeted me with a cheerful voice.

I was in a bench at the back of our faculty,  half expecting for Ming to show up. We didn't agree to meet but these days he just suddenly appear wherever I am.

So I did not expect to see her.

"H-hi? " I said awkwardly.

She gave me a huge grin.

Chimlin was so beautiful in her yellow pastel dress.

The cut was just a little above the knee and it accentuated her figure.

Her hair was naturally straight. It made her looked innocent.

Her smile was contagious.

"Glad to find you here, "

"Me? Why? " I smiled back at her.

She smiled broadly. "Yes, you Kit. "

"Nice to see you again, why? " I asked "Anyway, where were you? You didn't show up on our date. " my curiosity got to me.

"Take it easy, Kit " She smiled. "I did some preparation for my internship so I had to be out of town for a while. "

"I thought you got scared of me, " I acted hurt.

She chuckled. "You aren't scary,  well at least not that scary to have me running with my tail between my legs, " she joked.

I laughed along with her. "Glad to hear that, " I showed her I was relieved.

"So why Ming showed up instead of you? " I asked. It was a question that was bugging me since that night but I couldn't bring myself to ask Ming.

Her eyes widen. "Ming did not tell you? " my question left her totally flabbergasted.

I shook my head.

"Well,  things happened. " she said after contemplating for a while.  The way her lips twitched seemed to have some sense of mysteriousness.

I was curious as to what happened. Ming never talked about it and I totally forgot to ask him the details.

Her answer was giving off an air that she doesn't want to elaborate.

"So, " she paused. "Are you sort of together now? "

It was a blatant question.

This is not the Chimlin, I remember.

You never got to talk to her that much.

You left,  remember? I thought to myself.

"Where did you hear that? " .

Regardless of what Ming were saying and doing,  I still have doubts about his true intention.

I understand that he was doing things for me.

Things that showed he likes me.

But I couldn't help to think about the what ifs.

What if all he did was just a part of his game?

What if he was just challenged and he wanted to see how far I'll give in?

I love him.

I've never doubted my feelings for him.

But what about him?

Is it really possible for a player like Ming to change for me?