11

Kit's POV

We went back to school right after lunch because we have to finish our draft.  We were almost done with it.

Ping, the president of the student council, approached me when we arrived.

"Kit,  I was looking for you since this morning. " he said panting. He looked like he ran for a mile.

I wonder why. "Me?  Why? " I am not part of any organization in school so I don't see any reason for him to look for me.

"Can we talk privately? " he said and looked at Ice who were wstching us silently.

"I'll take that as a cue to go out of this scene, " Ice said comically.

I laughed. "I'll look for you later so we can finish it today. " I said.

My smile never left my lips as I watched him walked away.

"You better be, " he said smiling while leaving. "see you later. "

He nodded and kept on walking away.

"As I was saying, " I heard Ping said. He waited until Ice was out of earshot before continuing. "I was looking for you because I have a favor to ask, " he started.

It got my attention. "What is it? " I asked. I wonder what could it be. "If I can,  I'll do it. "

"We did a survey about who they want to date or maybe someone they were interested in yesterday, " he said. He seemed to be reluctant,  after all I'm known to be a moody so people felt like they have to walk on eggshells around me.

"because our department is organizing a charity date auction, " he expound.

"Charity date auction? " I repeated.

"Yes,  a charity date auction. It is an auction where we get people from different departments to auction for a date so we could acquire money for a cause. "

"Interesting, " I said.

"The money, that we will be able to collect from it, will be used to help others especially during our medical support projects. "

"That's good, " I commented.

"Indeed, we wanted to help more and you know it needs more finance for it to happen. "

I nodded. "It's a new concept, I am sure students will love it especially if you'll have the popular one here in school up for auction. " I said,  liking the idea.

Ping nodded. "Actually,  it isn't. Westerns have been doing that already. "

"I see, " I replied.  "So how can I help you? " I asked. I wonder where my part in it is.

"Hmm,  you were chosen as one of the people to be auctioned. " he said,  relieved that finally he was able to say it.

I almost choke.  "What?! " I exclaimed. "No way, " I said. I know it was for a cause but I can't do it. "I can help with the legwork and stuff but not that. "

"Please, we need you. " he pleaded.

"Why me? " I asked. I am average. I don't think anybody would be interested to have a date with me.

"I told you we did a survey yesterday and your name is one of the top candidates. " he elaborated. "It might be because of the rumors that you are dating our moon. " he raised his brows up and down.

"You can't be serious, " I said. "and we are not dating, "

"Please, please,  please" he continued. "You know organizing a project to help others won't be possible without a money to support it. Plus,  all you need to do is to stand there and let us do our job, "

"Yeah,  right. Will I do that too during the date? "

He smiled awkwardly.

"What do I get from it? " he got me but I wanted to keep him agitated. Mean Kit.

"Happiness, the idea that you get to help others will give you everlasting happiness. " he exaggerated.

I smirked.

"Okay,  okay.. we are currently talking to every department's head of the chosen participants to give them any kind of incentives. " he grinned.

"Okay, "

"Yes! " he shouted. "I'll give you the details soon. "

"Who are the others? " I asked.

"Most of them are from the engineering department ," he paused.

I acted disinterested because I thin I know where it was going. "Ming is the top in the survey but ... " he was checking my reaction.

I rolled my eyes, "you don't have to say it as if it is something very important, "

"he refused, " he added.

"Ming did what? Refused?  Wow,  this is a chance for him to flirt with a liscense and he refused?" I said without stuttering.

Maybe he doesn't want to disappoint his girlfriend.

"Actually,  he was so into it at the beginning. When I told him about this,  he was like "okay,  i'll go for it" but after he looked at the list of candidates he changed his mind. "

Why?

Did he see my name and decided he doesn't want to be near me ever again so he opted out?

I think it was for the better.

It was good for my plan to stay away from him.

The farther the better. I repeated.

But it saddened me.

I sighed.

"Okay, " I tried to sound cheerful. I don't want him to have ideas.

"I'll fill you in with the detailed info later, " he said. "You can't back out now, okay?"

"I won't, " I said. I gave him my word.

He was very happy. He left at once because he needed to talk to the other candidates.

I went to look for Pha and Beam.

"Hey,  I heard you will be auctioned. " Beam, the news flew so fast. What do you expect from a social butterfly like him.

I smirked. "Yeah, " I replied blandly.

"Do you think they will get anything from you? " Beam asked.

"Of course, they will. Everybody's talking about him. " Pha said.  "He is dating the moon. " Pha whispered but it was still loud enough for him to hear.

I looked at them. "Why don't you two shut up? "

"So are you dating now? " Pha inquired with a playful smile.

"Date,  my ass." I retorted.

They both chuckled.

My phone vibrated.

The event will be on Friday at 7pm. You have to arrive an hour before that for the briefing. -Ping