CrIpple: Chapter One (pic of Elizabeth)

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. This book contains material protected under International and Federal Copyright Laws and Treaties. Any unauthorized reprint or use of this material is prohibited. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or by any information storage and retrieval system without express written permission from the author / publisher.

Authors Note: This is my first story on Wattpad. I've been writing it off and on for a few years. It's being typed on my iPhone so please bare with me. Please comment and let me know if you like it, or ways that I can improve it. The title is only temporary so if anyone has ideas for it let me know. Hope you enjoy it. -Missy

"God, please just let me make it through today.", Elizabeth Morgan silently prayed as she gripped the tires of her wheelchair and propelled herself through the halls of Grayson County High School. Elizabeth was so nervous about starting the new school and she worried about the other kids at school accepting her. Elizabeth's parents had moved from Nicholas County to Grayson County, West Virginia so that her father could be closer to his job at a coal mine. Josh Morgan was very protective of his daughter. He had insisted on setting up a meeting last week with the school administration and staff so Elizabeth would know her way around the school, and to learn where all of her classes are before hand, and to see if she would need any special accomadations. Elizabeth was horrified at the idea of a "special" meeting. She was not "special". She was a normal seventeen year old girl and didn't want any special treatment. She'd argued with her father for hours, when he looked at her sternly with his hands on his hips and said, " We either set the meeting up or I will request the school board assign you a personal aide. Take your pick Elizabeth Grace, I am giving you a week to make your choice on the meeting or an aide".

Elizabeth was shocked at her father threatening to get her an aide. Her parents knew how hard she worked to be as independant as possible and to fit in with other teens. She'd gone against doctors and therapist suggestions on ways she could make her life easier. She was proud she hadn't needed an aide since elementary school and that she was able to wear jeans instead of sweats everyday just like a normal teen.

It was time for Elizabeth to make a tough decision in her life with the two choices her father had just given her. A meeting with school staf or have an aide. Her thoughts ran wild over the two choices as she pulled her self together to think of each choice clearly. She considered the ideal of having an aide. That ideal was quickly shot down when she figured that the other kids would laugh and make fun of her more than they already do. She slowly began to realize how better the meeting would be. She knew the meeting would be prior to the start of the school year, meaning no one would know about it except for the school staff. This would also give her the oppurtunity to prove to people she is not helpless as they see her as. Within a few minutes of thinking the choices over, it was clear to her that she was going to the meeting.

After her decision was clear, she went to her dad and told him her decision. Even tho she wasn't fully satisfied with the ideal of the meeting, there was no way in hell she was going to have an aide follow her around all day. Her father gave her a hug and whispered in her ear, " I knew you would make the right decision to the choice that best made you happy. I hated putting that up on you like that but its because i care about you and want you to be able to succeed on your own". A week before school started they attened the meeting and Elizabeth met all of her teachers and got prepared for all of her classes.

The week slowly grew to an end as Elizabeth grew more worried about the upcoming school year that was scheduled to start in a few more days. But she was confident that she would do good, after all she already knew where all of her class rooms were located and her teachers already knew what to expect when she entered their room. The first day of school quickly aproaches, Elizabeth is up and ready to leave at 6 AM so she will not be late. She heads out the door and gets in the vehilce and heads off to school. Her first class is English 12 in room 118 with Ms. Cole. Thanks to the pre arranged meeting, Elizabeth knew exactly where the room was. Taking a deep breath, Elizabeth reached the door with a shaky hand and whispered "Here goes nothing" and pushed her self into the classroom.