Saying Goodbye

Steve's P.O.V.

      A couple of days had passed since our outing with Brooke. After her and Peter took the car for a test drive we all went back to the compound and had a movie night. She turned out to find Tori her favorite over Rhodey after long and strenuous arguments between the two. Tori finally topped him by telling Brooke she would show her all of her dad's old baby photos.

     Today was Tuesday, the day. We had finally told Bucky about everything with his Hydra stuff. How he would be free of it but he would die because of his old age and physical state. 

     It was his call. He made it. Now it's time to say goodbye.

     I felt my chest start to ache as I saw my old friend climb onto the same table we found him in. We were back in Wakanda, Tori and Sam had come with us. The rest of the team stayed at the compound.

     He sat down on the table, a glass tube hovered by his head. He was wearing black shorts and a white tank top. He had trimmed his hair a little and had a comforting smile on his face.

     Tori held my hand on one side and Sam stood by me on the other. Neither of the were dressed fancy, normal casual clothes. 

     I pursed my lips and looked down to Tori. She smiled up at me with her deep blue eyes. She had braided her long red-brown hair and let it slide down her shoulder.

     I let go of her hand and walked over to Buck. He closed his eyes with a smile and held out his arms. I closed my eyes to fight the tears and gave him a warm embrace. 

     He chuckled and gave me a pat on the back. "I'm gonna miss you punk!" He muttered, squeezing me tight. I sniffled my nose and nodded my head.

     He turned his head to whisper in my ear. "Are you crying." I shook my head up and down. "Manly tears." I muttered, choking on the sadness in my throat.

     He rubbing my back. "Come on, hold it together. She's watching us." I chuckled at the last part and pulled back from him. I gave him a nod and he sent me a wink.

     It was Tori's turn and we traded places. Bucky smiled and gave her a hug. She didn't hug him for to long but accepted his embrace. "Now just in case something happens and I wake up 20 years from now, I'm expecting some nephews!" He told Tori and she stepped away. 

     Her blue eyes went wide as she came back to us. "Nieces maybe!" I teased, wrapping my arm around her. She looked up at me with wide eyes. "You wish!"

     I nodded my head. Bucky smiled and let out a breath. He shifted himself and laud down on the table. Tori looked to Sam to see if he had something to say.

     "Finally I'll get get some sleep around here." Bucky glared at the dark man through the glass that was beginning to cover him. I looked over to Sam and he rolled his eyes. "Sorry." He walked over to the glass and pursed his lips. "I'll miss you man." For once I actually saw Sam smile at Bucky.

     Bucky smirked. "What are you talking about you hate me?" Sam nodded his head and looked back at us. "True but Steve's in the room so I have to pretend to be nice."

     I rolled my eyes. "No but for real. I'm gonna miss waking up in the morning and stealing your metal arm just to see how long it takes you to realize it's gone." Bucky's eyes widened.

     "Not gonna miss that!" Sam laughed and took a placed beside me. A nurse walked into the room and clicked a few buttons on the screen. There was a 'woosh' and the glass around Bucky sealed shut.

     "It is time for you to leave. Not safe for people to be in the room without proper clothing." She stuttered, gesturing to the window where you could see in from the hall.