New Life

Tori's P.O.V.

     I lunged at Hela, she growled and braced herself. I tackled her to the ground to get her far away from Sera and Loki's body.

     She didn't need to deal with any of this right now. We were both clenching our teeth and hissing in each other's faces.

     We rolled on the ground and tumbled away from each other. She quickly sprung to her feet and created a spear in her pale palm.

     I clenched my jaw and jumped to my feet. Our swords clashed against each other. I spun around to swing at her head but she blocked it.

     We went back and forth with jabs and lunges at each other. She was skilled and kept making more of her own spears. I was shocked I wasn't dead yet.

     I blocked her with my blade going just above my face. My tired arms struggled against her push. The tip of her blade coming closer and closer to my skin. I grunted to myself and pushed harder.

     Out of the corner of my eyes I saw the group standing there watching everything. "GO!!!! You have to get out of here, we will finish this!" I ordered, leaving no room for argument.

     Tony and Peter began to limp out of the palace with Scott. "Are you crazy I'm not leaving you!!!" Steve shouted, moving to come and help me. "Steven you have to leave!!! If we don't win they will come for Earth and it will need protection!!  You have to save them!! So go!" I yelled, trying not to whimper as my muscles started to give out.

     I couldn't look at them any more, all I could see was the death like green eyes in front of me. "Tori, I-" Steve was interrupted by Bucky tugging at his arm. He reluctantly followed Bucky out of the palace. 

     "I love you!!" His angelic voice called out before it faded away. My heart stopped and my body froze. I couldn't remember a time when I had heard those words. It was an overflow of emotions that I couldn't contain.

    Hela took her chance and sprung on me. She lunged her blade at me and my body went into survival mode. I jumped away and lost the blade in the spin. She grinned at me with a sickening look in her eyes.

     I searched the floor quickly for anything I could fight with. I found nothing, I was on my own.

    She was only a foot away and was about to swing the end of me. I threw my hands in front of me. "Oooohhhh chiiiilllld things are gonnna get easier!!! Ooohhh child things will get brighteeeerr!!!" I sung, vocal chords getting carried away in the tune.

     Hela froze in place and quirked her eyebrow. Behind her I saw Sera looked up with tears in her eyes. "Break it down hard now!!! Sooommmmmeee dayy!!!" I continued to sing, snapping my fingers and bobbing my head.

     She lowered her sword and looked at my like I was crazy. "What are you doing?" She mumbled, still trying to study my movments.

      I swayed my hips back and forth, clapping my hands. "Dance off girl!! Me and you!" I tempted, pulling a cheesy smile onto my lips.

     Sera was so confused on the ground behind her, I looked to the gauntlet a few times to give her a hint. She got it and sprung to her feet. 

     "What are you doing?!?!" Hela exclaimed, choking back a laugh in her throat. "I distracting you sweet heart!!" I said with a spin and a twist.

     Her eyes flew open wide and she quickly spun around to face Sera. The brunette girl was standing on the steps with the gauntlet outstretched in her hand.

     It was much to big for her small arm but you almost couldn't tell with the green energy beginning to swirl around it. I quickly jumped to the side to avoid being hit.