After One Year [Continued]

I'll admit that it wasn't my idea

It's not like I hadn't thought about it, I had, yes, but I never planned for it to be so soon. It was my mom's wish to see Noah and I tying the knot already and because I had forever been thinking of ways to give him some big surprise of happiness, I thought why the hell not.

Okay, it wasn't as easy as it sounds.

Just when I let it settle into my head that I was getting married, something inside me completely changed. I began thinking about everything that had happened to me since the beginning of my twenty one year old life, atleast as much as I could remember. I recalled every mistake I had ever made and every single time I had hurt somebody, especially Noah.

I began crying excessively, more than I had ever cried in my life. And the worst part was that I wasn't sure just what the reason was. Perhaps I was feeling too mature.

I was elated because I knew he would be elated but I was experiencing an overflow of many other emotions as well. Marriage is a huge responsibility and I had never proven to be very good with those. There would be no more excuses for the blunders I would make, there would be no going back scarless. Everything I would do would concern my husband and we would officially be one.

As much confident as I was about giving an excellent life to Noah, a sliver of doubt still lingered somewhere back in my brain. Too many 'what-if's.

He said 'yes'. Ofcourse he said 'yes'. I knew he would say 'yes'. But the most heartbreaking thing was that before I had spoken anything, he had presumed that I was breaking up with him. I felt guilty for not having built that trust which would stop him from thinking that I was ever going to leave him. I wouldn't, I wasn't that strong.

Since we got engaged, there had been a constant blush on his face which made him look all the more stunning and I consoled myself by believing that it was a symbol of the sprouting certitude I required for him to have.

Four months passed too soon. I was getting my suit tailored too soon.

It was a glacier blue coloured suit and quite ceremoniously had I concealed it from Noah. I even went as far as telling him it was black so he got a white one for himself. I wanted exactly that because he looked extraordinarily amazing in white.

Before we could have a peaceful moment to ourselves amidst all the hustle bustle of arrangements and our parents constantly reminding us of the rituals to be followed, I was standing at the alter with my pulse racing.

I look at his face everyday, I watch him smile everyday, I see him walk everyday but there was something about that particular moment when he was escorted to myself by his mom, carrying that brilliant blush on his cheeks with a small shy smile because my heart surrendered.

When he stepped up to stand in front of me, I suddenly felt like the luckiest human being to have ever been born. His brown hair was gelled back and as I had known, he was looking gorgeous in his white suit.

It was so typical of me to have zoned out the priest and stare into his flawless blue eyes that had joy floating beautifully in them. So when he nudged me and I broke out of my trance, spontaneously adding a helpless "huh?" while looking around to figure out where we were, there emerged a series of chuckles from the attendants. Not that there were many attendants except our parents, my parents' boyfriends, Trevor as Noah's best man, Daniel (a uni friend) as mine and Ronan and Amber (Noah's colleagues).

Yes, Noah's dad attended the wedding too. Even though he wasn't entirely comfortable with the idea of his son being gay, he had begun to accept it as his fate and stopped giving my beautiful husband a hard time. Noah was significantly less burdened by this change and it was all working well in our favour in those days.

His dad was sitting in the first row on the left with his mother and Anne who had earlier performed the role of the flower girl in a cute little mauve dress, while my parents, along with their partners, were on the first row across the aisle. They all were beaming at us as the wedding proceeded.

I do. Two simple words. But the power they hold is magnificent. It takes courage and determination to speak those to someone with all your heart. And I did.

When I spoke my 'I do', I squeezed both of Noah's hands that were in mine and stared boldly into his eyes. And when he spoke his, it came out as a whisper before his lips quivered and he broke into a sob. I was dying to pull him to my chest and kiss him till eternity but I impatiently waited for the priest to allow me. So when he said "Now you may kiss each other,", I quickly stepped forward and cupped my husband's cute crying face before smashing my lips to his, wiping away his tears with the pad of my thumb as our families cheered. He gripped my waist so tight as we molded our lips together that I was afraid of not matching the magnitude of his affection towards me but then as I held him to my chest as he sobbed into my shoulder I knew that even though I'm not that expressive, I loved him just as much if not more.

The wedding dance was quite a funny scene. Noah and I hadn't practised even once so it would be fair enough to say that we almost tripped five to six times over each other's feet. It wasn't embarrassing at all though, we were the ones laughing the most. The food was delicious too and all credit goes to my mom because the catering was her choice.

At a point in the reception, I had stopped paying heed to what was happening around me and all I could think about was Noah's head on my shoulder as he sat next to me, talking to Trevor. Our hands were entwined on my lap and I was rubbing patterns on them, eavesdropping on the best friends' conversation about our honeymoon.

"What are you going to The Bahamas for if you won't be snorkeling?"

"You know he can't swim to save his life and honestly, I'm not a big diving enthusiast either."

"Whaaa- You guys are incredible!"

Much to my enthusiasm, soon we were going back home to change, collect our bags and catch our flight.

Noah and I barely exchanged any words after the wedding, we were more than happy being peacefully quiet in each other's touch. I couldn't tolerate an inch away from him anymore and I knew neither could he the way he didn't leave my arm throughout.

We had been inseparable before marriage too, but the introspection that the wedding had brought with itself made me realise that we are spiritually one too. I was growing to be more responsible because I knew it would come naturally on seeing him by my side forever and on feeling the resoluteness in my heart to keep the smile on his lips afresh.

It was the beginning of a new lifestyle, but with the same old love which was only getting stronger.

~~*~~

Hello, amazing people! How have you been?

I know I haven't described much about the wedding, it is all about Ian's insight but I hope I delivered what I wanted to deliver, successfully.

Thanks a lot for reading this! I truly love you.