Silver lining

~Ian~

The skies were drizzling happily as I stood on the window, tapping my foot in excitement.

The clouds were a light tint of grey as they spread in the sky, providing shade to the world below.

Sometime later, I could see the sun trying to peek from behind, giving a beautiful silver lining to the clouds.

A couple of children were running down the street, giggling.

I smiled to myself. Why was everything so perfect today?

~Noah~

I sang happily, jumping around.

I was finally cleaning the house, since I was going to have someone over.

Ian. A beautiful name.

I could imagine the guy being very beautiful himself. It would just be like a silver lining to the magnificent personality he seemed to carry.

I took a sneak peek out of the window and saw that the drizzling had stopped and there was a silver lining to the clouds above.

I almost giggled. It was like an omen or something, the guy was going to be beautiful I just knew it!

I wondered if he would stay over for dinner. We had planned to meet at my house at six because coincidently and advantageously, he lived nearby.

It was four in the afternoon as I changed the sheets and tidied up the bedroom.

Hooking up with someone was not like me. But it was a very good initiative to transform my clingy personality to a...well, less clingy one.

Moreover, it had been a long while and I needed a release.

I needed someone to make me feel good, and I had a feeling that Ian was just going to be it; the change I needed.

After all the cleaning and cooking, I took a look at the clock and gasped as I saw the time to be 6.30.

I rushed over to the mirror and gave myself a once over. I looked dirty and worn out.

I panicked as I rummaged through my closet, figuring out what to wear. I took my white shirt out, because one of my ex's once complimented me that I looked good in white.

I quickly buttoned it up and changed into my favourite dark grey jeans.

He could come anytime. I bit my lip in anxiety. It was almost like I was getting cold feet. I just hoped that it didn't go embarrassing.

~Ian~

I pressed the doorbell and waited for a while, shifting on my feet nervously.

It wasn't something to be nervous about, I reminded myself. It wasn't like I was a virgin. It was just that the last time I gotten laid was during the first year of college.

Soon, the door was opened by a man very red in the face.

I almost blushed seeing him. He was outstanding!