Night

~Noah~

~Noah~

I took in a deep breath, looking at the stars that were faintly twinkling in the sky.

People say mornings are beautiful. The chirping of the birds, the soft early sunshine, bright flowers blossoming, these are the joys.

But my view is contrary.

For me, it is the night that is the most beautiful part of the day. When the whole world rests, the tiny little celestial bodies dance in the sky, you can be yourself without a care, without being stopped. That, for me, is pure joy.

The kind of joy I get from the man whose texts I have been waiting for since the sun set.

~Ian~

Nights are the best part of my day.

Those couple of hours are the only time of the day I get to spend with my busy mother and him. Night is the only time I get to stop putting on an exterior for the world to see and be raw, the way I can be only when I'm within the four walls of my home, away from any kind of judgement.

I took in a deep breath of the cold night air that I loved. I wished I could stay at the terrace the whole night, be out in the open without anybody watching. But the idea of a mattress on the hard concrete floor as my counter bed wasn't that appealing and I knew my mother would never agree to it, in the fear of me catching a cold.

Yes, it was strange that I still stayed with my mother despite being a twenty-year-old university-going boy and still lived by the rules she had laid out since I was a child. But lives like ours needed support from another, so I gave her mine and she gave me hers. We were co-dependent for the basic amount of love and care a person needs to sustain a mental semi-healthy livelihood and hence I had no complaints about not getting complete freedom over the little things I did and my lack of social-life. It was nobody's fault. Things were just the way they were and I accepted them.

In the nights, however, when I was completely alone, that was when he showed up. We texted for a few hours that I cut down from my eight-hour-sleep and those hours were of sheer ecstasy and excitement. He had the skills of turning me on like no other and driving me over the edge multiple times in a row.

While texting him, I needed something soft to throw my head back on, something soft to clutch onto, something soft to muffle my moans.

A honk shook me out of the fantasies I had started to slip into and I peeped down to see my mother's car pulling up.

It didn't take me half a minute to run down the stairs and into the kitchen on the ground floor. I began putting the now cooled dinner lying on the table into the microwave.

"Ian!" I heard mom's tired voice call out to me like usual, and I felt a little sorry for her, like usual.

She was an ageing nurse who refused to rest despite getting overworked everyday. 'It is what makes ends meet' she said, but really I knew she just wanted to get her mind off some things, a certain husband of hers actually.

"Hey mom!" I greeted with a big smile as she entered the kitchen. I made it a habit to try and look happy for her ever since she told me how it relieves half of her stress to see her only child happy. She was an amazing parent.

She smiled back at me, albeit tiredly and then pecked my cheek while I began to arrange the dishes. Then she went up to her room to freshen herself up and I continued to set the table. I liked doing things for her, trying to lessen burdens for her, even if only little. She had been my constant from birth till now and I was so grateful to her for all the support she had shown me, in everything I did and every decision I made. I felt like I owed her.

She came back to the kitchen a while later in her loose overall, her hair let down and freely falling on her shoulder. Her face looking a little healthier than just ten minutes ago.

When she had taken a seat opposite to me, we began gorging on our food happily. However late she came, I never had dinner without her. I didn't like eating alone, and I know neither did my mother.

"So, how was your day?" I asked to begin the conversation.

She dismissed me with the wave of a hand saying, "The usual," but I saw something in her eyes as she looked down at her food. It was something that bordered on confusion and excitement and clearly she was trying to put it to the back of her mind for later.

"What have you been doing on the terrace?" she asked changing the direction of the conversation, raising her brows.

That caught me by surprise. I didn't think she saw me up there.

"Nothing, just thinking." I replied.

She hummed, thankfully not asking what I was thinking about.

We made small talk during the rest of time we ate.

After we both were done eating and then washing dishes together, we wished each other good night and went to our respective rooms.

As soon as I closed the door behind, I bolted to the laptop sitting on the desk in the corner of the room. It was finally that time of the day. Switching the computer on, I clutched it in my arms protectively and threw myself on the bed with a content sigh.

I positioned myself against the pillows comfortably and messaged him, receiving an immediate answer.

'Where have you been?' his text read.

'Sorry mom came late...' I began to type, but then backspaced and limited it to 'Sorry'.

I never shared my personal life with anyone. Not even him.

'It's okay. So...what's the theme for today?'

'Um...how about I become a cocky CEO and you my shy little assistant?' I texted and waited for a reply.

'Mm...*purrs* yes sir'

A/N: Okay, so this was just a sneak peek of the storyline that has popped up in my head.

I hope you guys like it enough to read further!