Betrayal

~Noah~

Sometimes, there are many kinds of feelings swimming through the blood of our heart, the ones of hurt, of anger, of frustration, and most important one of them all- of betrayal.

Betrayal is the kind of emotion which makes you detach from the outside world, makes you question your own sensibility, makes you angry, not so much on the betrayer as much as on yourself.

I was sinking deep into the feeling, letting the ocean of negativity slowly swallow my hopeless self.

~Ian~

"Mom!"

"What on earth makes you barge into my room like that screaming like a maniac?" She said, setting her glasses down to massage her temples with a sigh.

I flopped down on her bed in front of her, excitement getting the best of me as I narrated to her what happened the whole day.

"I love him, mom. I love Noah." I finished, unable to fight the stupid love-struck smile off my face.

She grinned and opened her arms. I hugged her with all my might till she made some weird strangling noises and I reluctantly had to let go.

"So that's the guy you burned the kitchen down for this afternoon. Hmm... I haven't seen you so excited since...well, ever." she said, ruffling my hair.

I smiled. I knew I was acting kiddish and I was probably (definitely) rushing into my feelings but I couldn't help it! I had never felt this way before. I had never felt my brain accept my heart with open arms and give it the permission of doing whatever the hell it wanted.

And Noah wasn't the guy you took your time with. He wasn't the kind of person you first had a crush on, slowly, gradually liked and then solidified your feelings for. He was the person you fell face first into love with.

It was like a switch flipped inside me on that date when I saw him sitting next to me, just casually eating and chatting without having self-imposed restrictions manipulate our actions.

This was it.
He was it.

"He is that kind of a person! He's so loving and soft and it's like...he would make anyone happy."

"Woah," she laughed with surprise, "So my little boy is finally in love!"

"But," I frowned as those feelings came back to me, "What if he doesn't feel the same?"

"Wait, how long have you guys been dating again?"

Okay, so I obviously didn't tell my mother that we had been sleeping together, I just told her we had been seeing each other.

"It's been nearly two months." I replied after doing some calculation in my head.

"Hmm...so, since you've been going out for a little while now, it's obvious that he must have some sort of affection towards you, if not love."
I nodded. She continued, "you just have to wait it out, dear boy. Show him what you feel about him."

She was probably right, I just needed to deepen the friendship Noah and I had initiated. And then finally when my bad boy image is scrapped off his head, I'd confess to him.