[18]

OKIE UH NU NOTE BUT SEE I DID POST TODAY lmao

Okie okie time to shut up and write this chapter!

——————
Chapter 18
The Lake & Home
——————

Marinette's P.O.V
Out of curiosity, I ascended up, and walked around the lake. I felt a slight chill when I walked past the halfway mark of the lake, I turned around, this side of the lake, it looked dead, trees looked rotten and decayed, yet still had leaves. The smell of the dead filled my nostrils, you would think I would get used to the smell of dead people and corpses, I did too but I guess I'm not.

I pinched my nose to stop smelling that disgusting smell, and walked into the 'dead' forest.

When I walked in, I could almost taste the dead, I saw weird white shapes, surrounded by a dried up liquid. I did not dare to look at it, it made me shiver. Ravens and Crows flew around this part, Bad luck.. sometimes even flying down, an old run down hut came into view. The smell of rotten blood and food filled my nose again, even if I had my nose pinched.

I could feel my breakfast slowly coming up my throat soon after I swallowed it back down my throat, my skin felt a little cold, only to be poured with rain.

Drenching wet, I cursed under my breath. Damnit, Well that's enough exploring for one day.

I walked back, I couldn't care less at this point, I let go of my nose and shoved my hood over my head. I was soaking wet,  the rain dulled the shine of my hair. I stepped into something soft, my eyes widened, a d-dead h-horse?. Blood surrounded the poor creature, it looked fresh too.

Wind started blowing harder, almost making my back ache. Rain and Wind my favourite combination..not.  I felt eyes just staring into me, piercing right through me like knives, sharp knives. Rain started to pour down heavier, I walked away from the dead corpse continuing to find where I came from. Leaves flowed away with the wind, with twigs snapping with every step I took, those eyes were still staring at me, like I was prey. I am the prey.

I picked up the pace and walked faster, stepping in puddles of blood or mud, letting it get all over my boots and the tips of my cloak and skirt. I heard rapid steps tagging along, chasing me, soon I was sprinting, Pushing all the dead branches away.

I was so close, until my hair got caught in a branch, making me wince in pain. Furiously tugging my hair, I moved my eyes to see what was behind me, Nothing.. I felt a hand on my shoulder and shrieked. "..you shouldn't be in this part of the forest young lady.." a female's voice said, I could feel her nails slowly caressing the back of my neck, a warm liquid started dripping down.

She continued to the left side of my neck, blood dripped onto the floor, I finally tugged my hair off the branch, elbowing this mysterious woman in the face, she screamed and fell onto the floor. I started sprinting again, and soon I couldn't see the entrance anymore, I could hear her cackling laugh behind me.

I saw a flash of lightning, soon followed by a loud clap of thunder. Out of curiosity I turned around to see if he's was there, "..where are you going..Marinette..?.." She whispered, I whipped my head around. Her face was shriveled up, her eyes were replaced with dark black holes, her smile was filled with yellow stained teeth, and a weird snake tongue.