Gray's Beanie

"You showed them pictures of Chanel?" I asked my dad.
"Yes, why? What's wrong with that?" He asked frowning.
I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, I wasn't going to let this ruin my day. It was still early, I could go to Lexi's house and meet Katie there too. Besides I had unpacked everything my dad had told me to.
"Never mind... Is it okay if I go to Lexie's house?" I asked, giving my dad a fake, tight smile.
"Sure, after you finish unpacking your stuff." My dad replied, he was by the bookshelf leaning against it.
"Can't I do it later?" I asked.
"No." He replied. "Now go on, before it gets dark."
I cursed under my breath and made my way upstairs. Just when I was about to go to my room, I saw a gray beanie on a little table inside the vestibule. Grayson's?, I thought. But when had he left it there? Was he even wearing a beanie? Maybe Ethan's? I went and grabbed it, and then I went upstairs.
My room didn't have a nice view, in fact, my awesome view was someone else's window. Yes, from the house next to us. I hung some curtains and closed them to have some privacy, then got to work. My bed was already in place and made, also, part of my closet was done. I unpacked my clothes and started to hang them, trying to finish fast so I could get to Lexie's faster. After a few minutes, my clothes were organized. Now my favorite part, decorating. My walls were white, and I was fine with that. I hung up some pictures, filled my bookshelf, my vanity table had my makeup. By the time I had finished I changed my clothes. I wore ripped jeans, converse and a white shirt, with a black leather jacket on top. Before I left my room, I took the beanie, went to stand in front of my mirror and put it on. Don't think they'll mind. I thought to myself.
It was already five o'clock, and the sun was a few hours away from starting to set. I made my way downstairs wearing the beanie and went to look for my parents.
"Hey I'm off to Lexie's ."
"Okay, text us when you get there." My mom replied.
"Okay."
Just as I was making my way out, I saw one of the twins coming out of a car parked in the house in front of mine. Some girl was driving. I quickly took the beanie off and threw it to some nearby bushes. I smoothed my hair down and started to go down the stairs.
"Cristina!"
Crap. "Ah hey!" I replied. "Ethan?" I guessed.
"Grayson." He said chuckling.
"Right, what's up?" I asked trying to stay calm. Acting like I had not just thrown his or his brother's beanie in the bushes.
"I think I left my beanie in your house, mind if I grab it?" He asked, giving me a shy smile.
"Uh a beanie? A beanie.. Hmmm, I didn't see a beanie." I said.
"I left it on a little table inside the vestibule." He said, looking up as if thinking.
"You could go in and look for it." I said, stepping aside.
"Ah, are you sure?" He asked, raising his eyebrow.
"Yup. Go in. Be my guest." I said smiling.
He stuttered and then made way for the door. As soon as he wasn't looking, I ran for the bushes and grabbed the beanie.
"Oh would you look at that? Is this your beanie, Grayson?"
He had his hand on the door knob. Grayson turned around and looked at the beanie. His eyes lit up, and he came back to where I was.
"Did you have it on you?" He asked taking it and putting it on. He looked cute in it, I had to admit.
"What? No. I mean, it was in the bushes." I said pointing at them.
"Hm weird. Probably Ethan messing with me." He said. "Were you going somewhere?" He asked me eyeing my outfit. Okay not comfortable with that.
"Uh yes. A friend's house." I replied, not looking him in the eye.
"You need a ride? My sister and I are going to our uncle's house." He said pointing to the parked car.
Shit! Had his sister seen me? Embarrassing as hell, great.
"I think I'll walk, but thanks for the offer, Ethan."
"Grayson."
"Grayson, sorry. I meant to say Grayson." I said awkwardly.
He laughed and agreed. "Okay. Are you sure about the ride?"
"Yup!" I said.
"Okay, see you around. Thanks for my beanie!" He replied making his way to his car. Before he got off the sidewalk he turned to me and smiled. "It looked good on you by the way. It matched your outfit."
I couldn't move so I just smiled. "Th-thanks."