Heat: Selfish

"I won't see a damn thing,

I can't feel

a damn thing,

but Imma touch you right.

Imma touch you right,

(just let me sip this slow)

Imma touch you right

(and let me get inside my zone)

Imma touch you right,

(just let me...)"

Ray

___________________________________________________________

I slowly sat up on this unsettling Saturday morning. I don't know what it was but something about today just seemed... off. I pushed my wild mane out of my face and whipped my large palm over my face. I glanced over at the clock and sighed. 7:05.

~~

I pulled up to the building, and noticed a red Hyundai in Loui's usual parking space, next to Chresanto's car. I guess the new temp is here.

After I put all of my belongings into my office, I decided to pay Chres and the new temp a visit. Plus it would be a good idea to go apologize for Thursday. As I got in the elevator, a small sense of worry buried it's self in my lower abdomen, but I couldn't figure out what it was that was making me feel this way. I ignored it, and stepped out the elevator, seeing a thick and very attractive, chocolate skinned woman exiting Chres' office, whipping the corner of her mouth casually.

"Hey, I'm Ray... You must be the new temp" I said reaching out to shake her hand. She smirked deviously.

"Hi, I'm Diamon. Nice to meet you, Ray." she said in a soft, yet raspy tone. She continued walking to her desk and sat down, starting her work. I thought it was odd how she didn't even start a conversation with me, but I ignored it. My hands began shaking at, what I thought was nervousness for delivering my apology to Chres. I hope he forgives me, because we've been friends for years and it would be tragic to just throw away our friendship. I stood infront of his office door, contemplating on if I should wait or not. I knew I wouldn't come back, so I twisted the door knob and walked in his office without knocking. Everything that's usually on his desk was on the floor. His desk was covered with a creamy looking substance, and condom wrappers were carelessly strewn across the room. We just stared at each other.

"Ray, It's not as bad as it looks." he said rebuttoning his pants.

"I hope you know, you just officially lost all of my respect. Your girl, is in the hospital, possibly dying and you go off and fuck some bitch, even though it's mainly your fault that she's in the hospital. Then, you hire the girl that you fucked to be the new temp? Wow. I never realized how fowl you were. I was actually coming up here to apologize too." I chuckled, sarcastically. I turned to walk out the room, not wanting to smell this tainted air anymore.

"Ray, wait!" he called after me.

"Don't worry... I won't tell her... You will." I said finally before exiting the room.

As I walked towards the elevator, I saw Diamon sitting at Loui's desk, smirking deviously as she typed away on the computer. I can't believe people these days.

I went back to my office and just sat there. Now that I know all the struggle Louise has been through, I know that I have to do everything in power to keep her happy... At least until Chresanto tells her he cheated.

Well I guess I better work a couple hours, before I go for lunch...

Louise Carlile