Chapter 12

“Oh my God, Erica!” When I opened the door, Jo had jumped to hug me.

I blinked as I received her in my arms. What was she doing here? In Jerod’s place?

“What the hell, Erica? Do you know how worried we were about you? Do you know how late it is already?” Jerod bellowed at me. “You could’ve at least answered our calls you know?”

“Okay, we trust that you’re an adult now, Erica but what you did today is just irresponsible.” Jo said, breaking away from me. “Totally irresponsible.”

“Now, care to explain what happen?” She massaged her temples and exhaled sharply.

I should be sorry for making my two friends worried, but somehow, I found it amusing that both of them came together and were acting like worried parents. A smile escaped my lips and Jerod noticed it right away.

“Why are you smiling?” Jerod scowled at me. “I know that you’re angry and are probably doing this as revenge, but seriously, Erica, you could’ve gotten hurt.”

“But I’m fine. Do you see me hurt?” I countered.

Still looking worried, Jo and Jerod stared at each other.

“He didn’t touch you, did he?” Jerod grabbed my shoulders and inspected me. “He didn’t coerce you to do something, did he?”

I shoved Jerod. “What are you talking about?”

“We saw you get into a car of a guy, Erica!” Jo said exasperatingly. “And it looked like a really nice car.”

“Totally,” Jerod nodded his head. “Mercedes Benz, CLA class.”

“You can’t just get on a stranger’s car, Erica!” Jo cried. “Especially if that stranger happened to be driving such luxurious car. One that drives that kind of car and picks up girls with it is suspiciously a malicious human being.”

I shook my head at them. Jo hadn’t really changed at all. She was still the overthinking, mistrustful and imaginative person I knew two years ago, someone who immediately makes conclusions from stories her mind conceives base on little evidences.

“He wasn’t a stranger, Jo.”

Something registered in Jo’s mind and I bet another farfetched story is coming to her mind.

“Are you dating someone behind our back?” She inquired with her hands on her tiny waist. “If you are, then I think that’s great, especially if he drives such luxurious car.”

I shook my head at Jo’s inconsistency. Jerod, however, reacted very protectively. “Who is this guy, Erica? Do we know someone who drives a Mercedes Benz CLA type?”

“Jerod, if you calm down, I will tell you honestly.”