Confused

~ At Work ~

Reaching the office with Jiyeon, I casually walked over to my desk and placed my bag down like always.

My eyes suddenly landed on a white sticky note placed on top of my desk.

Thinking it was the usual 'deliver this to jungkook' note, I lazily picked it up and read it, only to realize it was different this time.

"Meet me at the studio. -JK :)"

Jungkook wrote this?

Why did he want to see me?

Hurriedly rushing over to the studio room, I breathlessly reached the door.

I placed my hand on the doorknob and timidly entered, nervously peeking in to see Jungkook gracefully singing into his mic like always.

He never failed warm my heart with his soothing voice, causing my eyes to sparkle as I watched him sing with great admiration in my eyes

Jungkook's eyes suddenly fluttered open, his eyes lightening up at the sight of me standing there.

"Oh, Hyerin!" He cheerfully said as he stopped singing, hurriedly turning off his mic as he rushed over to my side.

"I was waiting for you!" He said, his wide bunny smile gradually forming on his face.

"What did you want to tell me?" I curiously asked as I smiled at him, excited to hear what he had to say.

"Oh, r-right." Jungkook said as the tone of his voice suddenly changed into a rather serious one.

"Well, I was kind of planning to tell you this last time but Jimin sort of interrupted." He said as he nervously let out a laugh, sheepishly running his fingers through his fluffy hair.

"It's okay, he's probably still at home sleeping." I said as I chuckled, knowing Jimin probably dozed off back to sleep after I left his house this morning.

"Well, here goes nothing." Jungkook muttered as he cleared his throat, took a deep breathe, and looked at me with his cheeks a bit tinted.

"Hyerin, I-I like you."

Hearing his extremely unexpected confession, my heart completely stopped for a second as my eyes widened in shock.

Say what now?

Is he being serious?

"H-Hey if you're just joking around with me-"

"I-I'm not! I swear." He assured, quickly shaking his head in denial.

From the look of his flushed face and jittery movements, I knew he wasn't kidding.

"B-But I thought you said I was like a sister to you...?" I confusedly asked, still unable to believe the one and only Jeon Jungkook was confessing to me.

"Hyerin, do you remember the day I was sad about Jin scolding me about my voice?" He suddenly asked, and I responded with a small nod.

"Well, your sweet, assuring words really helped me get through the emotional crisis I was going through. And since that day, you completely stole my heart Hyerin." Jungkook shyly confessed.

"I've fallen for your genuinely adorable character, your determined mind, your selfless and caring heart, your enthusiastic personality, and with every little detail of you." He stated, causing me to madly blush from his sweet words.

Although I could really tell he was extremely nervous, he gathered up his courage and gently grabbed my hand, looking at me with nothing but passion and love visible in his alluring eyes.

"Kim Hyerin, will you please be my girlfriend?"

Oh my god.

He's asking me out.

Jeon Jungkook is actually asking me out.

It wasn't like I had completely lost my feelings for him just yet.

But the thing is, I've also fallen for someone else.

Jungkook was literally the kindest, sweetest soul on earth, constantly considering the feelings of others and always caring for his dearest friends.

I should've immediately said yes to a confession from such a perfect guy like him.

But a part of me was hesitating.

"Jungkook, can you please give me few days to think about it?" I apologetically asked, still unsure of my feelings from all the thoughts that were overfilling my head.

"Y-Yeah, of course." He responded, a rather disappointed expression plastered on his face.

No, please don't be sad.

I never wanted to see him being heartbroken anymore, especially if it was my fault.

I know, if I didn't want to hurt him, I should've just accepted his confession.

But I couldn't.

I just couldn't.

"B-Bye Jungkook." I said as I quickly turned around, hurriedly opening the door as I rushed out of the room.

As soon as I shut the door, I let out a deep sigh.

"So, are you gonna say yes?"

I flinched from a sudden voice coming from next to me, hastily turning my head to see who it was.

There stood Jimin, leaning his back on the wall with his arms folded.

"What the, w-were you eavesdropping this whole entire time?!" I asked in utter disbelief.

"No, just from the 'will you be my girlfriend' part." Jimin calmly replied as he shrugged his shoulders.

"I can't believe you." I said as I slowly shook my head in disappointment, but he didn't seem to care about what I had to say.

"So, answer my question." He rudely demanded, only to receive a scoff from me in return.

"It's none of your business." I said as I crossed my arms and gave him an angry glare.

Jimin deviously smirked at my remark, placing both of his hands in his pockets as he got off of the wall.

"Sorry but, I'm not letting you say yes to him Hyerin."

I raised an eyebrow in utter confusion, puzzled at what he meant by that.

"Well, what if I want to?" I asked, not letting him take control of what I could and couldn't say.

Jimin simply replied with a shrug of his shoulders.

"Then I'll make you regret it."

And with that, he walked away from me.

I just furrowed my eyebrows in agitation as I watched his back figure make a turn and disappear from my sight.

Who does he think he is?

Why is he so generous and nice to me for a second, then extremely rude and arrogant the next second?

Urgh, why is he so god damn confusing?