Lies

About a month had passed since my little talk with Jiyeon, and I can tell she's gradually regaining her trust in me.

She has accepted the fact that Jimin and I are merely just friends, nothing more or less.

I was currently on my way to the studio room, since I was ordered to deliver something to Jungkook like always.

Reaching the door, I knocked on it and casually entered.

Jungkook's face immediately lit up at the sight of me, hurriedly rushing over to me as he attacked me with a vigorous hug.

"Jin complimented me on my improvement in my singing!" He joyously announced, strongly squeezing me in utter happiness.

"Oh my god, that's great Kookie!" I cheered as well, proudly hugging him back as I squeezed him as well.

"It's all thanks to you Hyerin, really." Jungkook said as he let go of me, warmly smiling at me with genuine gratitude visible in his eyes.

"I don't know what I would do without you." He said, causing me to slightly blush from his kind words.

"Kookie, you're making me blush." I shyly said as I let out a laugh, only to receive an affectionate smile from him in return.

"Hey, can I ask you something?" Jungkook suddenly asked, and I simply replied with a nod.

"D-Do you remember when you confessed to me about a month ago?" He sheepishly asked as he timidly rubbed the back of his neck.

His sudden question caused my heart to skip a beat, making me feel a bit nervous.

I slowly nodded in response, puzzled at why he was even bringing it up.

"This is a weird question to ask but, d-do you still have feelings for me?" Jungkook asked, causing my cheeks to flush.

Urgh, I was finally starting to get over him, and now he's just confusing the hell out of me.

"W-Why?" I confusedly asked, trying to find out what his point was.

Jungkook's face obviously changed color into a rather dark shade of red, indicating that he was blushing as well.

"The thing is, I-I kind of like you-"

Suddenly, he was cut off by a large bang coming from the door of the studio room.

"Oh! Hey guys!"

Jungkook and I hastily turned around to see Jimin standing there, both of us looking at him in disbelief at the fact that he had barged into the room at such an important time.

"H-Hey Jimin." Jungkook said as he greeted him.

"Oh Hyerin, Jiyeon was looking for you." Jimin suddenly informed me.

"Really? I'll be right back!" I said as I hurriedly rushed out of the room, leaving the two of them all alone.

~ Jungkook's POV ~

After I made sure Hyerin left the room, I glared at Jimin.

"You did that on purpose didn't you?"

"Do what on purpose?" Jimin innocently asked, obviously knowing what I was referring to.

"Stop me from confessing to Hyerin." I said, only to receive a dramatic, fake gasp from him in return.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." He said, shrugging his shoulders as he continued to hide his true intentions with his horrible acting.

"Jimin, I know you like her." I said, already sick and tired of him covering his feelings up.

He responded with a sudden outburst of laughter, looking at me as if I had gone crazy or something.

"You do know I have a girlfriend right?" Jimin clarified, as if his stupid excuse was going to make me believe he didn't have feelings for Hyerin.

I let out a scoff as I gradually took steps towards him, stopping right in front of his relatively short figure.

"Dude, I've seen the way you look at her. It's entirely differing from the way you look at your 'girlfriend', since your eyes actually have passion and love in them when you look at Hyerin." I stated, causing Jimin to nervously gulp as I completely read right through his heart.

"If you're just using Jiyeon as some cover-up for your true feelings for Hyerin, you might as well break up with her. For your own sake, but mostly, for Jiyeon's sake." I said, being considerate of how Jiyeon would feel if she found out she was only being utilized by him.

"Stop acting like you fucking know how I feel." Jimin furiously snapped, glaring at me with great hostility.

"Then tell me, do you really have any feelings for Jiyeon?" I asked, raising an eyebrow in suspicion as I waited for him to come up with another lie of his.

He just grievously clenched his fists, shifting his gaze away from mine as he anxiously bit his lower lip.

"I-I do..."

Fucking liar.

But knowing he wasn't going to spill anything to me, I just let out a sigh of defeat.

Although I was never the type to go against anyone or fight for anything, I wasn't letting him win Hyerin's heart.

Since the day she helped me overcome my cowardliness and stand up to Jin, I knew she was different.

For some reason, Hyerin always causes my heart to send out some kind of electrifying spark throughout my entire body.

I was never really an expert with love, but I knew for a fact that I had fallen for her.

I truly regret the day I rejected her, I really do.

But I was determined to win her back, even if it meant going against my closest friend.

I tightly clenched my fists in great confidence, looking at Jimin with nothing but courage and fortitude burning in my eyes.

"I'm not giving her up for you, Jimin."

He simply replied with a scoff, gradually turning around as he placed his hand on the doorknob.

"That's good for you."

And with that, he left the studio.