Bad Liar

~ At a Restaurant ~

As the waitress situated us at an open table, we began to eagerly look through the menu to choose what to eat.

I was situated next to Jungkook and Taehyung was in front of us, only because Taehyung insisted that I sat next to Jungkook.

"Oooh, the bibimbap looks really good." Taehyung said, his eyes sparkling from the pictures of countless numbers of appetizing meals.

"You're right, it does look good. Maybe I'll have that." I said as I scanned the other savoring foods, my eyes landing on a delicious-looking bulgogi.

"Urgh, the bulgogi looks good too... " I reluctantly muttered, unable to decide on which food to order.

I suddenly heard Jungkook let out a small chuckle, causing me to shift my attention to him.

"W-What?" I shyly asked, wondering if he was laughing at me.

"Nothing. You just really look like a little kid contemplating on which ice cream flavor to choose." He teased, causing my cheeks to slightly tint.

"Are you teasing me?" I sadly asked as I grumpily pouted.

"No, you're just so cute." Jungkook said, causing my heart to skip a beat and my cheeks to flare up even more.

Unsure of how to reply to his sudden remark, I just nervously gulped and shifted my gaze to Taehyung, who just teasingly wiggled his eyebrows at me.

I just rolled my eyes at him in response, returning my attention back to the menu.

"How about you order the bulgogi and I'll order the bibimbap? I'll give you some of mine don't worry." Jungkook generously offered as I immediately replied with a nod.

"Alright then, let's order."

After the waitress took our order and we patiently waited for our food to come out, Taehyung suddenly spoke up.

"Hey Kookie, what do you think about Hyerin?"

His sudden question caused Jungkook and I to freeze in our position as I mentally face palmed myself in disbelief.

He's such an idiot I swear.

"She's cool I guess?" Jungkook reluctantly replied, confused at why Taehyung was even asking such a question.

"You think she's pretty?" Taehyung asked as he attacked him with another unexpected question, causing me to actually face palm myself this time.

"Y-Yeah?" Jungkook awkwardly replied, nervously rubbing the back of his neck.

"Did you hear that Hyerin?! He thinks your pretty!" Taehyung delightedly said as he looked at me in utter excitement, but I just gave him a disbelieved expression as I mouthed "stop" to him.

But completely ignoring my remark, he continued on with his unnecessary questions.

"So, do you like Hyerin?"

Oh my god.

Jungkook was obviously taken back by Taehyung's question, because his cheeks immediately flushed and turned into a pinkish color.

But good thing our food came right at that moment, so Jungkook was able to avoid the question.

"W-Wow the food looks so good!" I cheerfully said, trying to break the awkward atmosphere.

After the waitress placed our meals in front of us, we immediately began to eat up.

We were happily enjoying our food, until Taehyung opened his mouth yet again.