Lose You

Returning back to where Jungkook and Jiyeon were, Jiyeon immediately came running towards me with a worried look displayed on her face.

"Where were you?! I was so worried about you!" She said as she tightly embraced me in her arms.

Suddenly, Jiyeon completely froze in her position and sniffed the shirt I was wearing.

Gradually letting go of me, she looked at me in utter suspicion.

"Why're you wearing Jimin's shirt...?"

But as I was about to open my mouth to explain, Jimin suddenly cut me off.

"She was cold so I lent her my t-shirt." He said, casually shrugging his shoulders as he made up an excuse.

Still displaying an unsatisfied expression, Jiyeon slowly nodded in agreement.

"O-Oh, okay.." She muttered.

Urgh, I gave her the wrong idea.

I really hope she didn't misunderstand anything.

Suddenly, my eyes met with Jungkook's, causing him to immediately look away.

Oh right, I accidentally confessed to him and screwed up everything.

Now it was all awkward and uncomfortable between him and I.

"Kookie, why're you so quiet?" Jimin curiously asked, only to receive a reluctant shake of his head from Jungkook in return.

"Oh uh, I was just getting lost in my thoughts." Jungkook apprehensively said, weakly forcing a smile on his face.

He quickly went back to being silent, and I didn't dare to utter a word either.

I guess Jimin kind of noticed the weird tension between Jungkook and I, because he suddenly nodded as if he had just come up with a devious plan.

"Well, it's getting pretty late. We should start heading home." Jiyeon suddenly said, checking the time and seeing that it was already 5:00 pm.

"Yeah we should. Jiyeon and I have to stop by a shop nearby, so can you and Hyerin head home first?" Jimin asked Jungkook, causing me to widen my eyes in shock.

"We do?" Jiyeon confusedly asked Jimin, causing him to immediately cover her mouth with his hand.

"W-What?!" I accidentally shouted, not fond of the idea of being alone with Jungkook when we weren't really in good terms right now.

"Y-Yeah sure." Jungkook uneasily replied.

"See you two tomorrow!" Jimin said as he forcefully dragged Jiyeon along with him and hurriedly disappeared from our sight.

Ugh, I hate you Jimin.

Jungkook and I just silently stood there in a greatly awkward atmosphere, until he suddenly spoke up.

"S-So, let's get going?"

I quickly nodded in response, trying my best to avoid looking at him.

The walk back home was pretty uncomfortable to be honest, until Jungkook finally said something.

"Hyerin?"

"Hm?" I replied.

"Did I do something wrong?" He innocently asked in a rather sad tone.

"W-What do you mean?" I confusedly asked.

"I mean, you kind of slap my hand away when I touched you earlier today, so I thought I made you hate me or something." Jungkook reluctantly said, apprehensively rubbing the back of his neck.

I quickly shook my head in denial as I finally looked at him.

"Nonono! I dont hate you! It's just..." I said as I suddenly became silent, trying to find the best words to explain it.

"Just?" He curiously asked.

I let out a deep, nervous sigh as I gathered up all my courage to tell him.

It was now or never, right?

"Jungkook, I really like you. Not the brotherly kind of love, but the actual love that makes you feel butterflies all over your tummy and gives you restless nights with the overflowing thoughts of that person." I confessed, causing him to completely freeze in his position.

Unable to look at him due to the great nervousness I was feeling, I just shifted my gaze onto the ground and continued on with my confession.

"That's why I can never act normally around you. That time I dropped all your paper on the ground at the studio, that time I spilled tea all over Jimin when our eyes met, it was all because I completely lose control of myself when you're around."

Slowly facing up to look at Jungkook, I noticed him standing right in front of me with his face completely flushed in a bright red color.

He was just speechlessly staring at me, causing my cheeks to instantly flare up and cover my face out of embarrassment.

"Please don't stare at me like that.." I sheepishly muttered, unable to take his alluring eyes gazing on me.

"Oh s-sorry, I'm just not very used to receiving sudden confessions." Jungkook shyly replied, suddenly clearing his throat to speak up.

"H-Hyerin, you're really like a-"

"Sister to you. I know." I said as I cut him off, weakly forcing a smile on my face as I looked up at him.

"It's okay, I didn't expect you to return my feelings and I don't plan on forcing you to like me either. I just wanted to get it off of my chest, that's all." I said as I shrugged my shoulders.

"I'll try my best to get over you so I won't cause you any trouble, I promise. But please forgive me if I cant."

Jungkook had a rather anxious and dejected expression on his face, obviously feeling bad for me.

"C-Can we still be friends though? I really don't want to lose such an amazing friend like you." He worriedly said, looking at me like some sad puppy.

I let out a chuckle and warmly smiled at him as I nodded in response.

"Of course."

Hearing my response, Jungkook's apprehensive expression instantly turned into a relieved one.

"Thanks Hyerin."