Rumors - Chapter 30.

Awwee, yeah! Chapter 30!!! :DD YAYY!

I'm sorry I didn't post earlier, my grandma had surgery today. They found a tumor in her uterus and she had to get it removed. I was taking care of her today. She's doing really good though, which is a plus!

I'm in a somber mood today, so I thought I'd vent it through my writing. Which I tend to do a lot. I'll be leaving for the beach in 4 days! So I'll be dedicating the next 4 days to writing chapters for this story! I swear!!!

Anyways, I hope you enjoy!

Comment/Fan/Vote/Add to your reading list!!

- Peyton. :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harry, Louis, Zayn, Niall, and I all left to go to the store. I knew Alex needed some carrots and some chocolate milk. I wasn't sure how serious we all were going to be while shopping, but if any of them acted like Al, I knew that we were going to get thrown out.

I often fed off of Alex's energy, it was contagious, really. We brought out the best in each other and that's the way we liked it.

Thankfully, the market was just down the road. We entered through the automatic doors and Niall grabbed a cart. I immediately jumped into the cart, laughing. I always loved to ride in the cart, Alex would push me really fast down the isles. Harry grabbed a cart as well, Louis jumping straight into it.

I looked at Louis and Harry, smirking. "Whoever gets to the vegetable isle first wins!" I shouted as Niall took off with me.

Niall was actually pretty fast, even though he had short legs. We were twisting and turning, the carts almost tipping a couple of times. I was laughing hysterically. "Come on, Ni! Let's go! You got this!" I encouraged.

We ended up beating Louis and Harry by only 3 seconds. That's right, I counted. I was THAT competitive. Louis pouted and crossed his arms over his chest. "It's all your fault, Harry!"

"I'm sorry!" He gasped, breathless from the run. "The leprechaun is a fast little bastard!"

While the bickering continued, I reached out of the cart and grabbed 10 bags of carrots. When Alex was sick, that's basically all she ate. Besides soup and chocolate milk. Next, we went into the canned soup isle. I sent Zayn to pick up 5 cans of chicken noodle soup, Harry and Louis to get 5 cans of tomato soup, and Niall and I to get 5 cans of wedding soup. We moved on to canned ravioli. I picked 10 cans of that, because I ate that shit like candy.

After getting 15 total cans of soup and of ravioli , we went into the frozen section. I picked out Lean Cuisine Santa Fe Rice and Beans for myself, because I loved it. We also got some toaster strudels, Popsicles, and a 3 different kinds of ice cream.

"Can we get some Eggo waffles?!" Harry asked.

"No! Alex cooks breakfast, she doesn't approve of frozen foods really." I replied, earning a put from Harry. Since the cart was getting full and the ice cream was numbing my legs, I got out. I jumped on Harry's back. "No pouting, Harold."

Harry carried me the rest of the way through the store as we got the rest of the things on the list. It didn't take us long, an hour and a half maybe. As we were waiting in line, I saw a magazine with the boys on it. It was written in French, since many Italians knew the language because they neighbor France.

I picked it up. "Isn't it weird, seeing your faces on everything?"

"Kinda." Louis answered. "You get used to it after a while."

I looked at Harry and pointed to a sentence in one of those things that look like stars, where normally BOOM or BAM is written on it. (A/N: Sorry, I don't know what they're called! D:) "What does that say?"

"Harry's secret girlfriend?" He said, or more like asked. He flipped open to the correct page. Low and behold, there was a picture of Harry and I kissing, with my legs around his waist, after he won me Curly.

He read the passage out loud as I sat on the floor, listening intently. "Harry Styles and Corrine Parker, one of the top editors for a huge magazine in America, were seen kissing at a local carnival in Rome. A witness states, 'Harry won a bear for her while playing a balloon dart game. When he gave it to her, she jumped on him and kissed him. They walked away holding hands. The two were inseparable the entire day.' What do the fans think about his new girlfriend? I asked around and here are a few responses. 'I don't know why he'd date her. She's not right for him at all. Besides, she isn't that pretty.' Another fan responded: 'She's probably another slut that threw herself at him. She should be there for business, not to get in Harry's pants.' And the last one, that was a little more harsh than the rest: 'She's ugly and a slut. She doesn't deserve Harry. She's just a low life, Harry should be dating someone that is famous and more suitable for him. Not some trashy girl from America.' "

I could already feel the tears pricking at my eyes. Is that really how they feel about me? Am I really a slut? Here I am, acting as if I'm dating Harry Styles because I can't make up my damn mind. Not only that, I'm stealing two guys away from their amazing girlfriends.

The memories of my fathers words stung and I thought about it. I was a bastard child, I'm a freak, I'm stupid, so I'm going to hell. The tears stung my eyes as I felt the pain of those words. I pushed myself to my feet and ran. I took off running without a though about my stuff. I took of running without caring about anything or anyone. I didn't know where I was headed, it didn't matter. I was just causing problems for them, especially Harry. I was doing nothing but continually hurting Louis and Zayn.

I ran for 2 hours, taking 10 minute breaks every now and again. I had no idea where I was, the only thing I knew was that I was deep in the city. Away from Alex, away from one direction, away from nasty reporters and paparazzi. It was starting to get dark out, so I sat on a nearby bench.

Alex would be fine, she had Liam. They wouldn't miss me, it would probably be a relief to get rid of me. Louis and Zayn could go on, loving their girlfriends. Harry wouldn't have to deal with his fans hounding him for 'dating' me. Liam would get more Alex time.

Their lives would be better if I wasn't there, bringing them down.

I took my phone out of my back pocket. 33 missed calls and 28 text messages. I flipped my phone on silent and looked up at the sky.

I had to find a way back home.