Chapter 1

(Bella)

It has been a year since the appearance of the Volturi. Renesmee is now four years old (almost five) though she looks like a 12-year-old. Renesmee grows up so fast. She looks older every day.

Edward and I miss her being little every now and then, but she looks so beautiful now that she is a bit older.

Her bronze, curly hair is to her waist. She is around 5'0. We don't keep track of her weight because of her abnormal growing phenomenon. She will stop growing in around 2-3 years. As Nahuel, the other half-vampire said, she would stop aging and growing 7 years after birth.

I am in Renesmee's room at our cottage in Forks, Washington. Her crib, now a bed, has shifted around the room so many times because of Alice.

Of course Alice went over the top with the furniture, and some how Esme managed to fit it all in Nessie's room. I swear Esme is a Magician. Rosalie simply loved it, and that was her opinion. Then with Jake here half the time, and the whole imprinting thing, he gives the room a thumbs up from the sidelines. Emmett always goes with Rose, and Jasper Just gives Alice the credit card and walks away.

Living with the Cullens for almost six years has been the best. Edward and I get our alone time, no questions asked, but we also have our baseball games together, and as uncoordinated as I am, I get to keep the plans for the team, since Edward can't get to them in my head. They always seem to split up the couples. Every so often Ness will jump in the game, and beat us even if we are trying not to let her win. Yep, it's that bad.

I know that because I'm in the family something bad is just bound to happen. That is the type of luck I bring, though at the moment we are all perfectly fine. Ness should be getting back from the main house at any time now (she usually takes naps there). I better clean the room up for her, so Edward doesn't notice that it is so messy.

As I walk over to Renesmee's bed, I look under the covers and find a locket. This is the one that I gave to her the night before the day in the field with the Volturi. I remember Aro, Caius, Marcus, and Jane with solemn smiles on their perfect, pale faces. I open the locket between my fingers, and look at the black latin writing. Plus que ma propre vie, it says with cursive lettering. That means: more than my own life.

She truly does mean more than my own life. Well, I am cleaning her room for her. Speaking of that... I rushed at full speed to her dresser and push all of the drawers shut and clean the surface. Then dash to the middle of the room and pick-up all of the dirty clothes on her floor.

I stand back to admire my work when I hear a light tap on Nessie's door. I slowly walk to the door and turn the knob, thinking that Edward is there. I don't want him to know that I cleaned her room. Renesmee stands on the lavender door rug with a sleek smirk on her enchanting face. She carried a box with her that I recognize as my makeup box.

The box is large with black and pink detailing around the top. This box is so big that Ness is struggling to hold it with her small hands. "Hi Momma!" Renesmee says, placing the box beside my feet as she runs into my arms with a smile that stretches to her ears. "Hi baby! I couldn't help but notice my makeup box that you were carrying" I say in my best 10-year-old voice. Raising my eyebrow for effect.

Then Alice pops into the doorway also with a smile like Renesmee's. "SURPRISE! It's makeover time! We need to get ready for going to the mall of course!!!!" Alice says loud enough so that the hisses of annoyance are very loud from the main house. Her voice sends blinding beams of brightness like the sun. "You don't have to get 'ready' to go to the mall!" I say in a casually sarcastic voice, but knowing Alice, it would happen anyway.

"Well knowing me, it will happen anyway!" Alice says, with her seeing-the-future-thing. She can't read minds, but she sure does read my mind anyway. "Of course it will happen anyway. You can see it you...!" I say. I end the sentence quickly, thoroughly thinking through what I was going to say in the presence of Renesmee. I must have looked like something odd enough to amuse Nessie and Alice at the same time, because they both were attempting to hold in laughter It didn't work.

Finally as I am looking in the mirror I see that I am no longer wearing my grey fitted

t-shirt and worn-down skinny jeans. I am wearing a sleek and short black dress with diamond crystals along the open back, that has sleeves that scim down to my elbows, and black-studded platform heels with matte detail along the platform. I have still not gotten used to my perfect vampire body. I am a few inches taller and less awkward. I was definitely awkward as a human. I was short and clumsy.

I walk down the stairs with Renesmee and Alice in my new ensemble. As I look up towards my family, the looks I get are almost delirious. Edward stares at me with his attractive eyes, and drops his mouth into an "0". Carlisle and Esme are shocked with amazement. Even Rosalie looks at me in awe. "I thought you were going to the mall" Edward says. "I am..." I say back to him.

I get in Edward's Volvo with Alice and Renesmee.